HELP! Can't install! package not supported by processor type.

Hi! if anyone could help me that would be wonderful!
I just got the free version of hitfilm express but it won't let me install it. everytime I try, it gives me an error saying "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor." This is super frustrating because I was so looking forward to trying it. PLEASE HELP!
Leah

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Does  your computer meet the minimum requirements for Hitfilm Express?
  • I believe so but I'm not sure. Where would I find that information?
  • He included the link in his post, but here it is again:
    http://hitfilm.com/express/requirements
  • edited January 2014
    haha sorry! I'm slightly incompetent... how do I find if my computer fits those requirments? I checked the control panel and it only gave me some of the information.
  • Since it seems you have a PC (considering you mentioned the control pannel), go to the start menu, right click on the icon "my computer" and select "properties" this should give you all the info. If you can't tell if you computer meets the requirements, post your comp specs here and we'll look into it for you.
  • If the error message is 'This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor' as you said, then it is likely you are trying to install HitFilm on to a 32bit OS, which I'm afraid you can't do as HitFilm is 64bit only.
    You can check whether I'm correct by doing as Matthias said and going to the properties on your computer tab under the start menu.  
    However if this is the case please know that your download is attributed to your HitFilm.com account and not your computer so if you deactivated it on your current computer which isn't up to spec, you will be able to activate it in the future on another upgraded 64bit computer, and it will still be free. 
  • hello,

I have downloaded hit film 3 express but when I am opening package it says that this package is not supported by this processor

so, my question is how to install hitfilm 3 express

am using 32 bit operating system. x64 based processor

processor type: intel(R) CORE(tm)2 duo cpu E7300 @ 2.66ghz

2.66GHZ

window 10 pro

version 1511

os build : 10586.71

installed ram :  2.00gb

sir, please help me to install it iam big fan of this software

HELP ME..!!!

YOU CAN TELL ME ANY SOFTWARE OF YOURS WHICH SUPPORTS MY PC REQUIREMENTS....

• You'll need to install a 64-bit operating system on your computer, as HitFilm is 64-bit only. If you're running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor you're not really taking full advantage of your system.

• edited October 30

Hitfilm editor  can't install my laptop why!

saying not sport my laptop 

what i do? NOW

• @qazivines Have a look in your system settings (for me it's available in Control Panel > System and Security > System, but it may be different for you depending on what version of Windows you have). Under "System type", it should say "64-bit Operating System". If it says 32 then unfortunately HitFilm will not work and there is nothing that can be done to make it work, HitFilm will not install.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Also, check your CPU. I don't know AMD, but if your machine is Intel and has a Pentium, Centrino or Core Duo then your machine is under spec for Hitfilm. 

• how do i install a 64 bit os

• @phyloricmeme You have to be sure you have a processor/system that can run a 64-bit OS, then you have to get a copy of Windows 7, 8 or 10 that has 64-bit installation on it and completely reinstall Windows on a formatted or new hard drive.  Basically building up from scratch on all your programs and data.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment