Accidentally formatted my SD Card- How to recover?

So, In a hurry, I stupidly formatted an SD card and thus lost a crucial video file. Been looking up ways to recover videos, and have tried a few, not many to any degree of workable avail. Anyone had a similar problem and found a workable solution? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• there are a lot of recovery tools. example: pcinspector, recuva, easyuse recover, testdisk...

There are also professional data recovery services, google will help you to find some services at your location.

But be careful, every time the recovery-tool writes to the SD card, the less data you can save.

• I've had success with Recuva and EaseUS Data Recovery before. Key thing I'd say is to make sure you don't recover data to the card - make sure it's set up to write the data to another drive.

• Scandisk have a recovery tool, if its just a quick format your stuff should all still be there.

• Give a shot at Stellar Phoenix Video Repair Tool. It expertly repairs damaged or corrupt video files!! 

• @JamesWilliam65 ; Coincidentally, I was organizing several memory sticks into one folder on the desktop top then transferred it back to a 512 GB one only to discover after I deleted the desktop folder and had already formatted the sticks that three sub folder were empty???  I download EaseUs mentioned by DanielGWood above.  I found it here: 

https://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

and have it running a deep scan now.  I can see the file already but I'm waiting for it to finish before actually recovering them.  The free trial lets you recover 500MB which should cover me from today's misadventure.  Still don't have aclue why it copied the folders to memory stick but not the contents??

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment