HDR vault

I know that Hitfilm does not (at this time) accept HDR files, however this package includes JPG previews of the HDR files which Hitfilm can use

(I checked it out)

As an Environmental map or with the 360 deg viewer.

https://www.blendernation.com/2017/10/30/download-cc0-hdrs-hdr-vault/

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Always useful. Especially if one has other HDR editing software to tune custom versions. 

• @BobDiMarzio from what I can see, all these files are 32-bit OpenEXR image files, which are supported in HitFilm Pro 2017 already (Express doesn't support OpenEXR). There are also jpegs and pngs in the preview and render folders, which will be clamped to 8 bit and will work in both Pro and Express.

The only thing that wouldn't work as expected would be if you use it as an environment map. Environment maps only support 8 bit images in HitFilm 2017, if you use a 16 or 32 bit image, it will be clamped to 8 bit. We will add support for 16 and 32 bit environment maps in the future.

• @Cedric Bonnier Thanks for the update.     I primarily downloaded the files for use in Blender as HDRI files but when I noticed the JPG's I knew that they could be used as Environmental maps in Hit Film.  I also noticed that some of the JPGs have Chromatic Aberration, but as an Environmental Map, it may not be a serious issue.

Bob

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment