Unable to Export

edited October 17 in Pro Support

What is going on here?

I can't export a simple 3 minute video...? 

Even if I split it up into 1 minute segments and export to prores, nothing works!

I'm using a macbook pro 2013 baseline, intel iris 6100, 8 gb ram, and intel i5 2.7 ghz!!

I even tried an macbook pro 2017 15"!!!

Specs below:

• 2.8GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
  • 256GB SSD storage1
  • Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB memory

HELP!

I need to export this today!

UPDATE: 

seriously- I've tried everything to even shorten the project down to 30 second clips- no way should this happen.

what is going on?

Don't tell me I have to ditch this edit and literally leave this project because the program wouldn't let me export- that's unacceptable.

UPDATE 2:

I can't EXPORT A 30 SECOND SEQUENCE?!!

WHAT IS GOING ON?!!

IVE HAD BAD EXPERIENCES WITH HF BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE. HOW CAN I USE A PROGRAM UNDER DEADLINES WHEN IT WON"T EXPORT SEQUENCES SO SIMPLE?

NO GRADES, JUST 1 SIMPLE EQ LAYER!

HELP!!

I'VE EXPORTED EASILY MORE COMPLEX SEQUENCES JUST WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Other than not working, what actually happens when you try to export? Does HitFilm lock up? Crash? Any error messages? Have you tried contacting support? We can try to help you here in the forum but "it doesn't export" isn't really enough to work with.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited October 17

You've not given any helpful information.

What's happening on the render. Is Hitfilm crashing? If so is there an error message? Is it just hanging at a certain point in the render? What export settings are you using?

Software that's working rarely stops working for no reason. If things were exporting a couple weeks ago have you done OS upgrades, driver updates, installed new software or made any other changes to your Mac? If you just did the new OS upgrade the chances are Apple rolled back your GPU drivers to original stock, which means you need to reupdate your GPU drivers to the current version.

I ask about OS updates because we've had four other threads similar to yours in the last month and all four issues were caused by an OS update rolling back GPU drivers because Microsoft and Apple are both stupid like that. Apple is worse as they disable notifications of driver updates from vendors because Apple wants you to use every they give you and nothing else. 

• @Behind_The_Lens I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the software. As it's been said above, please provide more detail as to what is happening (screenshots would be helpful) or contact support directly.

• Hi. I'm able to use my exporting tab, and I know you guys just released a new hitfilm version to support new Nvidia game ready drivers, but I'd like to report a few bugs.
    when I go to the exporting tab, it doesn't show the time elapsed and the progress bar for video exporting. I have to keep clicking out of the export tab and back into it to see the progress.

I understand that the updated version of hitfilm for latest Nvidia drivers  is brand new, and It might be a bit buggy, but I just want to bring this to your attention so you can fix it!

• No, no updates to the software itself.

Hitfilm will render most of the project, and then suddenly crash, quit, with no error signs, and I'll of course get the "Hitfilm crashed" mac sign. I am using prores with audio at 192 khz, and using t5i video footage that's shot in .mov under cinestyle profile settings.

No, it sin't hanging at any point in the render, it'll slow down, then quit. I have exported the video by seperately exporting audio/video then combining (which is why I haven't checked this, apologies), which worked, after trying to export 15 second segments (which failed at the third segment in exporting), but I'd still like to get to the bottom of this.

• The prorgram would be working and appearing to work as normal, and then all of a sudden, it would crash.

• @Behind_The_Lens So exporting the entire video works if you export only the video and then only the audio? What formats did you use?

If it always crashes on the same frame then there might be a bug with the render. Having the full content of the crash dialog may help us diagnose the issue.

• I used the prores 422 codec for the video, and 192 KHZ for the audio. The original fotage was .mov.

I'm not sure if it crashed on the same frame, but it definitely slowed down after about 20 seconds into the export. If you mean dialog by what the computer said when HF crashed, then the anwer is that it just quit without saying anything, but sometimes it would say "Hitfilm Quit Unexpectedly"., the mac usual crash error sign

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment