Buy hitfilm now or wait for the next update?

Hi guys,

I was thinking about buying hitfilm pro now, or wait for the next  "big" update?

What do you think?

Comments

• @Pabloip ; If I'm not mistaken, traditionally the next version of Hitfilm usually comes out around the month of November.  The express version usually follows the next May.  So, you might want to add that to your decision making.

• @Pabloip I suggest wait a month, see what happens.

Unless you need some of the Pro features right now.

• U need to double check Hitfilm policy but if u buy packs u need for express then buy Pro they will discount the Pro cost against please these costs, at least a %

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Andy001z is correct. Purchasing add-on packs in Express does provide a discount on upgrades to Pro. As there are literally thousands of possible combinations of add-ons this is just automatically applied at checkout.

Hitfilm, so far, has released every version in November. FXHOME has announced they aim for a yearly upgrade cycle. So far,  For people who  >Current< version within about 30 days of the release of >New< version have quietly gotten a free upgrade. Logically, based on past schedules and policies,  you're 95% likely to safely "split the difference" by buying Hitfilm Pro anytime in November. That would get you started using Pro a little earlier, but almost certainly in the free upgrade window. 

• Thanks a lot guys...

I will definitly wait till the next update...

• edited October 15

@Pabloip I think HitFilm Pro is still having issues with Boris?  So keep that in mind as well in your decision making.

All the best:)

• @Yeremyah maybe in the new update the boris fx problem 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Andersen01498 the recent update was the Nvidia problem.

The Boris problem is a Boris bug, and we'll have to see if they fix it. Since it's a BCC 10 core and BCC 11 is about to release I don't hold my breath. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment