Hitfilm Express 2017 Keeps Crashing every time I try and change the font

edited October 12 in Express Support

So I was just making another video and I had to put in a bit of text. I decided I didn't want to use Arial so I clicked on the drop down box to change the font. As soon as I clicked the box, Hitfilm crashed. I thought maybe it was a one off thing and I reopened Hitifilm and tried again. Same thing happened. I tried a third time and the problem persisted. 

I'm using a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I would say try making certain your GPU drivers are current. Otherwise, that's really odd and you might try contacting support.

https://hitfilm.com/questions/submit

• @Minerush Have you got a window managing software installed like Cinch? If so, could you please try to uninstall it to see if it fixes your issue? If you've contacted support already then we should be able to find a solution for you there.

• Oop, sorry I meant Hitfilm Express 2017. This problem hasn't happened before I switched to Hitfilm Express 2017, and I also do not have that program. I'm going to contact support right now, thanks for the suggestion.

• any updates? I'm having a similar issue. It just crashes all the time

• @RobDirnens are you running macOS? If you go in system preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility, do you have any apps listed in there? If so, try to disable all of them.

Similarly, in System Preferences > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Enable VoiceOver, if this is enabled, it will cause HitFilm to crash.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment