Ignite Pro AVX plugin crashes Avid Background Services

I'm running Avid Media Composer 8.8.5 on a 2011 MacPro 5.1 dual quadcore Xeon with Mac OS X 10.12.5.

If I have the Ignite AVX plugins in the Avid AVX folder when Avid Background Services start, the background services immediately stop (the arrows turn red). This happens with both the Dec 2016 and June 2017 versions. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Ignite and Avid, but nothing helps.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Comments

• RobLaycockRobLaycock Staff
    edited July 25

@markmockett - Thank you for reporting this issue. We have reproduced it in-house and are working to quickly resolve it with AVID. 

It's not an ideal workaround - but in the meantime please do the following...

1) Copy IgniteCore and IgnitePro from C:\Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-ins to your desktop.

2) Start the AVID background service

3) Copy IgniteCore and IgnitePro folders back to C:\Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-ins.

4) Launch AVID Media Composer

• @markmockett, The fix turned out to be a little complicated. This issue is resolved with Ignite Pro 2017 and Ignite Express 2017 Update 8. The update will be available for download when you next launch Ignite.

This discussion has been closed.