Hitfilm & Creative Cow

First, let me just say that the crew here has done an extraordinary job with their Social Media & establishing a community that is constantly thriving with the software.  If there's a differentiating factor I'd give to Hitfilm above all other softwares, its definitely this. And I'm very grateful for it. 

What I'm curious about is that why until now there has been no forum on Creative Cow that is dedicated to Hitfilm like the other software.

While perhaps unnecessary, given an already established community here, Creative Cow is still a place that offers you much exposure. I mean,  its been around for ages...!

Is there a reason why Hitfilm isn't listed?

Comments

• edited September 6

Reason : Never heard of it. (ok so i've not been in the VFX community for ages, but has not popped up in my many many searches.)

• I have heard of creative cow, and have been on the forums just looking for answered questions, by searching.

• @Andy001z Creative cow was a big deal back when I started. Now I tend to use here for the community and youtube for tutorials. CC was a bit of a go to place in the past though. Kind of the Stack Overflow for filmmaking. Always coming up in searches. I've just been there and it still has very relevant stuff headlining so you should check it out

• @Hictor - thanks for the comment and for your kind words! We agree that it would be great for HitFilm to be featured in some way on Creative Cow, as we are fans of the site ourselves :)

We've contacted them multiple times a year to alert them of HitFilm and are aware of a few press releases which have been published on their site, but nothing more than that. Getting the attention of their very busy team is quite tricky, and of course it is up to the moderators whether or not they would like to feature us. 

However, if you would like - as a user - to ask them to feature us, that would be much appreciated! Every little helps :)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I would note that, not only have I contacted Creative Cow about the mere existence of Hitfilm, I've been trying to get them to pick up my Hit-U tutorials (This was based on a conversation with Tobais at Surfaced Studio since Creative Cow is now featuring his stuff--it was his suggestion I submit to them).

Creative Cow hasn't gotten back to me either. *Shrug*

• While it would be great to get press on Creative Cow about HitFilm and things made with it, I get the impression that @Hictor is talking about starting a HitFilm forum on Creative Cow in their User Support section.  As he implied, it would be a little redundant given that this forum exists already, but it would definitely provide greater exposure.  Just as many here (myself included) haven't heard of Creative Cow, I'm sure there are folks who peruse that site who haven't heard of HitFilm.

• The Cow is a great resource but I have a feeling getting a forum going and keeping it going can be a pain. A forum requires a manufacturer to "work with" Creative Cow and when a company stops "working with" Creative Cow the forum disappears. 

Tim Wilson
    Looking for a forum not currently here? The answer is...
    on Oct 4, 2012 at 2:36:40 pm

....in the hands of the manufacturer.

It couldn't be simpler.

CreativeCOW.net forums exist when manufacturers work with us.

CreativeCOW.net forums go away when manufacturers decide to stop working with us. 

Don't see a forum you'd like to see? Sorry to see a forum go away? Talk to the company whose forum you want, have them talk to us, and we'll figure something out.

Regards,

Tim

Tim Wilson
    General Manager, Editor-in-Chief
    Creative COW

My translation of "work with" is "give us money" and that's fine and a good way to support a site like the Cow without extorting users or loading things up with annoying advertising but I can see where the costs might be an issue for smaller developers and "work with" probably also means the developer has to support/provide/designate company approved moderators of a forum in some way. 

• jsbarrett  Yes. Exactly. I meant for exposure's sake.

Aladdin4d  I'll neglect to ask HOW MUCH money are we talking about, but I will suggest this:

If a moderator is required, why not elect a Hitfilm "ambassador"?

Perhaps one of our legendary folks from Inkscape Digital or people who have been continuously contributing to Hitfilm? Tricky, I would imagine but hey, its just a thought.

Coming back to Creative Cow. I'd like to make it clear again; this is purely for Hitfilm's exposure.  A motion graphic/editing workhorse like this  deserves a spot, and I'd wager with enough users "asking" the Cow nicely, maybe we can make it easier for you guys to get on there.

KirstieT  They shall hear from me!

• jsbarrett  Yes! Exactly what I meant!

Aladdin4d  Not my place to comment on the money but- hey, why not elect a Hitfilm Ambassador to do the moderation at the Cow? Folks at Inkscape Digital? :D Maybe some of Hitfilm's major contributors?

Triem23 Sorry about that mate. Their loss!

KirstieT They shall hear from me! Maybe if we all start "asking them nicely", they'll figure Hitfilm's worth a spot. I mean, its really unfair for a motion graphic workhorse of this calber

• jsbarrett  Yes! Exactly what I meant!

Aladdin4d  Not my place to comment on the money but- hey, why not elect a Hitfilm Ambassador to do the moderation at the Cow? Folks at Inkscape Digital? :D Maybe some of Hitfilm's major contributors?

Triem23 Sorry about that mate. Their loss!

KirstieT They shall hear from me! Maybe if we all start "asking them nicely", they'll figure Hitfilm's worth a spot. I mean, its really unfair for a motion graphic workhorse of this calber

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment