fire

how would i go about adding fire so it looks like its behind the bars in the old rock furnace?furnace

Comments

• edited June 2017

I suspect you'd have the fireplace above your fire footage and then use matte on the spaces between the bars so the fire can be seen.

Probably a bit more to it to make it look good/natural but that's the basics in a nutshell.

• Don't forget you would also have to add illumination to the interior of the building that would be created by the fire. otherwise it will not be convincing. I think the description above really covers it otherwise. Multiple layers and masking is the way to go. use the flicker effect to create the flickering of the fire in the fake illumination inside the building. 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Definitely masking and a few layers of fire elements. I would also head over to soundimage.org and check out the rock/stone textures. @EricMatyas has some excellent stone wall textures that would be perfect as a new interior. 

http://soundimage.org/txr-rockstone/

You could use Curves to change the color to something orange like so it looks like it's illuminated by the fire.

Sign in to comment