Free converter that converts to DNxHD?

2»

Comments

• @billjoy I would refer you to the transcode thread. Since you are still having problems with DNxHD you might try fast decode AVC (Norman AVC). Maybe bypassing Quicktime will help you out.

Looking back at your post(s) is looks like your camera outputs AVCHD. That media is probably interlaced. You can use MediaInfo (utility) to checked for interlaced media.

If using Handbrake to create fast decode AVC you should use the Yadif deinterlace option on the filters tab. Whatever you were using for DNxHD, if that has deinterlace options, then try enabling that option. Either way, get the deinterlace out of the way before importing into Hitfilm.

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/42349/transcoding-for-better-performance-and-easier-editing

• DNxHD is a professional video editing codec for Avid Media Composer, you will need some specific program to produce that codec such as Pavtube HD Video Converter.

• There are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.
  • Maybe someone else does already point out this option, but I tested Davinci Resolve 14 free and he come with a lot of codec for format conversion, included DNxHD.

Really using a cannon for such a specific task, but this was the easier way I find without messing around with scripts, something I didn't manage normally.

Sign in to comment