Unable to import effect video on hitfilm 4 express

Hi ,

I am unable to import video effects on my hitfilm4 express. I downloaded the video effects from FootageCrate. 

However, i am able to import videos for editing purpose ?(with VLC format) , but anytime i try to import the video effects (on VLC format) , i get a message that i should convert to QuickTime. why is this so ? please is there any other option besides or ways to bypass this issues.

Look forward to your prompt response.

Thanks.

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

FootageCrate files are QuickTime MOV files so you have to have to install QuickTime, reboot and then HitFilm will be able to import the files.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Your other option is to convert to a non Quicktime format except I think you still need to install Quicktime to do that. @Aladdin4d correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Thanks for the prompt response.

Can anyone recommend a cite similar to FootageCrate where i can download free effects. 

Thanks alot 

Note the majority of stock sites are still making footage available in MOV format. Despite its age for footage intended for keying and compositing MOV still has advantages over mp4. 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@Triem23 It depends on the tool you use to convert so I went for the easy and lazy option of just installing QuickTime

• edited May 27

@Triem23 to convert a .mov to another format, installing QT is not needed if using an application such as Aiseesoft Video Converter Ultimate, which I use and which maintains the same quality.

But installing QT does seem like the fastest and easiest way in dealing with .mov files + HitFilm.

• sadly , QT pro is not free, cant afford any kind of payment...its either a Pro version with a crack or something ( the free version only permits viewing  alone, cant save or convert video to QT).

can anyone really help....any ideas ?

Thanks

edited May 28

You don't need QT pro. Free Quicktime will do just fine. 

Hitfilm won't let you save QT files anyway. Your output movies are going to be mp4 or AVI on Windows. 

• edited May 30

License QT: Freeware.

• thientruong

spam not allowed.

• edited May 30

nm. :)

•  Thanks ,it works now

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment