Export with alpha and convert to ProRes-4444

Creating in HF3P some small effect to be played on Millumin for a show.

Millumin need ProRes-4444 for video with alpha, in HF I can export AVI or image sequence.

Searching for suggestion any free tool where I can later convert in ProRes-4444.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Mpeg Streamclip, covered at 27:10

https://youtu.be/Yqhl0mRuTng

• Selecting QT as export format I didn't find a ProRes codec to choose.

I've the latest Win QT installed, need I something else.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

Convert v4 (Being replaced by Dali's Mustache) supports ProRes 4444 XQ I think and the trial(s) limit the number of clips you can do at once and some of the advanced features but not the actual transcoding. The core of Convert is FFMpeg so you could do it with just FFMpeg and the right command line.  

• If interested in ffmpeg. I have some sample ffmpeg Windows scripts to output DNxHD, DNxHR and Prores in the transcode thread.

https://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/42349/transcoding-for-better-performance-and-easier-editing

You would have to edit the script to change the the 4444 profile. Using ffmpeg directly, and the prores_ks encoder, you can bypass the profile, std, hq, etc and use a constant quantizer qscale. My script does this by default.

• edited May 2017

Testing Davinci Resolve appear does have a lot of available formats to produce from a image sequence, except ProRes.

There are any user frendly sw transcoding in ProRes a image sequence?

@NormanPCN I looked at your scripts and didn't understand what kind of format they transcode. Tried to drop on "transcode to Prores.cmd" a HFP generated .avi file but got a transcode error and also the message that ffmpeg.exe is not recognized as a command.  The cmd is on the same bin directory where ffmpeg.exe is.

• @davide445 You need to edit the set_path.cmd file to set the path where your ffmpeg is installed. With all my ffmpeg scripts I wanted to have one place to change the path to ffmpeg for all scripts to I put the set_path thing into the scripts.

"There are any user frendly sw transcoding in ProRes a image sequence?"

You can try the previously mentioned Dali's mustache.

• Testing myFFMpeg, nice but slow, also the produced ProRes mov didn't have the alpha channel.

• Just to leave some maybe useful answer I was able (with the fundamental input of Millumin creator) to encode the .png image sequence created from HFP into ProRes-4444 using this command

ffmpeg -r 60 -f image2 -s 1920x1080 -i image%03d.png -codec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuva444p10le -alpha_bits 16 -profile:v 4444 -f mov MyMovie.mov

the FFmpeg static exe need to be in the same directory of the png files.

Sign in to comment