LUT ERROR: "Invalid File Format

Hello HitFilm community,

I've been trying to use LUTs on HitFilm 4 Express recently, but I always get the same error ("Invalid file format"). I do have the Colorist Pack and the LUT files are not zipped up. 

Here is the link to the files I've been trying to use: http://www.groundcontrolcolor.com/mavic.html

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• @BorjaAnadon

I down loaded and checked those LUTS using Hitfilm 2017 and both functioned without problem. 

In the past I did have an Invalid File format error with the DJI supplied LUT.

To fix that problem a "#" was required null out information in the header

Original:   DJI_Phantom_DLOG2Rec709.cube

# DaVinci Resolve Cube (3D LUT).
    #
    # Converts DJI Phantom4 DLOG data to Rec709
    # Gamma as defined by ITU-Rec.1886.
    #

LUT_3D_SIZE 33
    LUT_3D_INPUT_RANGE 0.0000000000 1.0000000000

Fixed:

# DaVinci Resolve Cube (3D LUT).
    #
    # Converts DJI Phantom4 DLOG data to Rec709
    # Gamma as defined by ITU-Rec.1886.
    #
    LUT_3D_SIZE 33
    # LUT_3D_INPUT_RANGE 0.0000000000 1.0000000000

The Ground Control Supplied Lut does not have that line.

• @BobDiMarzio

and how do I change that? not really good with codes and stuff hehehe

Thanks in advance

Borja Anadon

• @BorjaAnadon

I used Windows wordpad

• edited May 2017

If I may... if you use something like Notepad++ then you won't run the risk of Microsoft 's gestapo  software inserting unwanted characters into a text only edit :-)

• I tried to do what @BobDiMarzio told me, but once I opened the file with OpenOffice (same that Wordpad but for Mac), I got pages and pages of numbers

I am guessing it is encoded

Please help

• @BorjaAnadon

A LUT stands for look up table.  In essence it's pages and pages of numbers. What I had to change (null out using the # key) was a line in the beginning of the lut, (first page) that Hitfilm did not like.  After you make the necessary change, insure that you re-save the file WITHOUT any word processor induced formatting.

• @BobDiMarzio

I opened the file with Openoffice, but the line that you told me to change was not there...

Any thoughts?

• @BorjaAnadon ;

As I mentioned previous the two Ground Control Mavic Luts worked flawlessly on Hitfilm 2017 Pro.  I cannot conceive that the colorist pack for Express would be any different than what is currently shipped as part of Pro. I would recommend opening up a support ticket.

Bob

• edited February 22

At the moment im having same problem in HFPro2017 the LUT's i wish to use are PUT's

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment