Project keeps freezing

edited May 2017 in Express Support

I am editing a simple video on a mac. Just cuts and basic use of the software.  After just a few minutes I will do something such as move the timeline marker and the whole software will freeze and I will get the "spinning ball of death". I can't do anything and have to force quit the program. This is extra weird because I just finished a project with heavy compositing and effects and the software ran with no problems. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

macOS Sierra (Version 10.12.4)

Hitfilm 4 Express (Version 4.0.0146)

Comments

• I am having the same issues i have exported three videos and i currently now cant even create a new video, keeps freezing just creating a composite shot : no files have been imported even

• processor : interl core i7-3770 cpu @ 3.40 3.90

memeory : 16;0 gb

type 64 bit

Windows 10 pro

total availble graphics memory : 1792 mb

dedicated 32 mb

hitfilm 4 express

I am not sure if it is a memory issue : but like I said I have created three videos prior with no issues, I am on a shared server? 

• I am facing same issue, although I am using MacBook Pro with lower configuration, Hitfilm 4 Express works fine sometimes.

Here's the configuration of my MacBook:

• MacBook Pro 13-inch, Intel Iris Graphics
    • 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
    • 8GB DDR3L RAM
    • 128GB Hard drive
  • @SandeepD Are you transcoding your footage?  I used to get the same thing on a very similar system before I started transcoding stuff prior to editing.  Now HitFilm almost never crashes.

If you're not familiar with the whys and hows of transcoding, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqhl0mRuTng

I use MPEG Streamclip to transcode everything to Apple ProRes 422, and it works beautifully.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment