Drag Audio or Video Only to the timeline from Trimmer?

Is this possible? I haven't found a way to do it, so I'm ending up having to unlink and delete the scratch audio after adding the clip to the timeline. It's surprising how much this slows editing down with tasks that aren't really editing

Comments

• On the complementary side, is there a way to group or link an audio + video clip once they're synced? Something that's also turning into a drag... I had to sync the audio and video manually because the speaker was speaking too quietly for the scratch mics to record enough signal for merge, but I haven't found a way to link the clips together.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Alt+drag media from bin to timeline drops only audio/video, depending on the track. In Composite Shots it's video only. 

Not on my computer but can't clips on tracks be grouped via the right-click context menu? 

• Cool, I'll try the alt+drag approach. That will streamline this edit quite a bit :)

I don't see any options for grouping or linking in the right click menu... unless I'm overlooking something... or looking at the wrong right click menu... ?

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@WhuteCranePhoto CTRL click to select the video and audio you want to link then right click and select Link. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment