hitfilm stops working when i click on "New"

edited March 2017 in Express Support

When i try to make a new file on the home  part of hitfilm 4 express, hitfilm 4 express stops working and a dialog appears saying hitfilm 4 express has stopped working and there is an option to send a bug report and my laptop also gives me a low memory warning every now and then this started yesterday (20th march)

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

95% of the time this meams your system is under minimum specs ti run Hitfilm. 

Can you list your system specs? CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? 

• edited March 2017

Laptop:

Toshiba Satalite L50D-C

Windows 10 (64-bit)

CPU;AMD A6 7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

Ram: 8GB

1 HDD

Hitfilm: Hitfilm 4 express 4.0.5723.10801

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I believe Hitfilm doesn't support AMD APU's. Again, tagging Staff ( @CedricBonnier ) to confirm? 

If I am correct, you are under minimum spec to run Hitfilm. 

• edited March 2017

Hitfilm 4 express did run fine on my laptop before and I know an and apu will work with Hitfilm because I have had a problem before that I posted on the forum about the trimer not working and on that discussion you (@triem23) have highlighted it in red and put a line through your comment that said Hitfilm does not support and apu's.

@CedricBonnier can you confirm that Hitfilm 4 express supports amd apu's because in am sure it does

• Try downloading this driver from AMD (if you haven't already).

If that doesn't fix it, perhaps AMD APUs are not compatible as @Triem23 Suggests.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu?os=Windows+10+-+64

• edited March 2017

I will check my drivers for my amd apu are up to date if they are not I will  update the drivers through the amd software instead of the link given by Emecorp 

@Emecorp @Triem23

Update:
    @Triem23 would getting information for my CPU be better if I get the info from the device manager instead of control panel on windows 10

logging off and loging back in has fixed the problem if someone now's how this fixed the problem please tell me

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment