Solve with Mocha option missing

Hello.  I just purchased HFP 2017 and am going through the mocha tutorials.  I am to believe that in order to use Mocha I should click the 'new' button in the media tab.  This should give the option for 'solve with mocha' but it is not there.  I can, after setting up a composite shot, apply mocha as an effect but when I launch the UI my video file is not available to be edited.  What am I missing?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Existing Mocha tutorials cover Hitfilms 2, 3 and 4 where Mocha was an external program. 

With Hitfilm Pro 2017, mocha has become the plug-in version. 

Are you applying Mocha as an effect directly to the clip you want to roto or camera solve? 

• I am.  I am trying to do the Mocha tutorials from the HitFilm website.  I think I have it mostly under control now except when I import the solved composite shot back into hitfilm it doesn't include the actual footage that was solved, only the points.

• edited January 2017

open the saved camera solve hitfilm-comp as "import hitfilm-comp". the blue plane is the placeholder that you must change with the clip with the mocha-effect.

but thats not really customer-friendly like older versions.

• I am having trouble finding Mocha in the effects panel. Is it available in the demo version of Pro 2017?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Mocha and Boris are not available in the demo. Imagineer and Boris have not chosen to enable their units in the demo. 

• Ah, ok, thank you.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment