Replacement for Environmental Map Viewer in Hitfilm Pro 2017

I have downloaded Hitfilm Pro 2017 just today, and I was trying to do some Star Wars scenes so I tried to find environmental map viewer in the effects panel, but it appears to not be there.  So what can I do in place of the environmental map viewer?

Comments

• Environmental Map Viewer was renamed to 360 Video Viewer, to more accurately reflect what the effect does.

• ok cool, thanks.

• Axel,

Can I suggest a text holder for any previously renamed effects, call it something like Renamed Tree.

So when someone searches for an old effect (for people like me who are learning from old version tutorials) is will display something like this

environmental map - 360 Video Viewer

And a bonus would be that if one clicks this it takes you to the new effect.

• I couldn't find it either! I had to send an message asking what happened to the Environmental Map Effect and Axel was kind enough to reply personally with the answer. Then I got so use to using the 360 Video Viewer that when I went back to Express to do something, I couldn't remember what it was originally called! :) That's what happens when you get older I guess!

• Help me fund my project

I created a project called "Arts Talents Association" on Zoomaal.com and looking for your help to raise funds for my project , please check my project link below and if you cannot contribute financially it would be great if you can spread the word about it http://www.zoomaal.com/p/talentatfirst

Thank you for your help in making my project a reality.

Zoomaal, the first online crowd funding platform looking to reveal the ambitions of independent talents in the Arab world. Recently featured on CNN, Forbes, Booz & Co, New York Times, Wamda, etc.

Basically, Zoomaal is about sharing your idea/project with the world. Anyone who likes what you are doing could support and fund you easily online (through credit card), while you focus on perfecting your project. Zoomaal raised more than $200,000 for several success stories.

• I just came across this today. When applying the 360 viewer to my environment map. It doesn't appear to work the same. The image turns into a small box that seemingly cannot get any bigger

• Can you share a screenshot showing the problem? Make sure to select the object that has the effect, and expand the effect's details in the Controls tab.  Also, what version of HitFilm are you using?

• I will share the screen shot when i get home, currently using 2017pro

Sign in to comment