upgrading from ex 4 to pro 4

Hi

Can you upgrade from Hitfilm 4 Express to Hitfilm 4 pro without uninstalling Express 4, I don't want to loose any of my files.

Michael

Comments

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Staff
    edited December 2016

Hi @MichaelBlount,

Uninstalling Express will not delete your Project files*. However, you don't need to uninstall Express anyway, you can buy Pro 2017 and have them both installed at the same time if you wish. Discounted upgrades to Pro are only available to Express customers who have bought one or more Express Add-Ons.

Bear in mind that if you edit a project file in Pro 2017, you will not be able to open that file in 4 Express again.

(HitFilm 4 Pro, the subject of your question, is no longer on sale and is replaced by Pro 2017).

Hope that helps!

---

(* unless you save your project files in Program Files, alongside the program exe perhaps. That would be crazy though!)

• Yes you can. Also, HF4E projects open in Pro 2017. 

If you move old HF4 projects into 2017, make a copy first. Once you save a project in 2017 it can no longer be opened in HF4E. So you'll certainly want a backup version. 

• When I upgrade to HitFilm  pro 4 2017 I won't need Express 4 on my computer, there would be no need to keep it and it's taking up space on my hard drive.

Thank you very much for your help.

Michael

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment