Hitfilm Black Friday and 2017 Upgrade Pricing Thread (combined from five threads)

edited November 2016 in Everything Else

Hi,

Any clue HitFilm Black Friday discount?

I really would like to have Pro but i am good dammit poor as shit...

After 2017 i will make movie and earn billions and split poor people's face...

Btw, 95% of this message was joke and provocation...

But remaining 5% Do they give it cheap was tru?

Comments

• http://hitfilm.com/store

Sale's already on. 

• The Black Friday promo mail says upgraide availabe at $ 189. When trying to proceed the upgrade(from HF 4 Pro) my price always is 219 €. Did I miss something needed for the $ 189 upgrade?

• @Avalon VAT, between 20 and 25% 

• I can see only Thanksgiving bundle sales...

Not really willing to buy everything at once, only Pro 2017... :)

Upgrade price seem to be always cutted price...

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Staff
    edited November 2016

Hi @Shooter99

HitFilm Pro 2017 is already at a discounted price ($30 off, the normal upgrade price is $219). This launch discount on upgrades to Pro+Ignite is available until December 17th.

Additionally over the Thanksgiving weekend upgrading to a bundle is discounted as shown on the Store.

edited November 2016

@Avalon as Kevin states, Euro and GBP prices include VAT, we're obliged to add that.

Newsletters only have prices in dollars as the majority of our customers are US-based. Unfortunately it is not possible at present to specify prices in Euro/Pounds in newsletters.

• Any chance of a Black Friday del on Express Add One?

• @DanielGWood.

So, if i buy Pro 2017 now i will get Ignite Pro also ?

• @Shooter99 Yes HitFilm Pro 2017 includes Ignite Pro

• Aladdin4d Ok, cause when i add it basket it just say hitfilm pro.

• In the newsletter it says "Upgrade now for $189,-"

When I follow the link and go to the check out it says €209,- So I cancelled the process.

Anyone else with this problem?

• @MarioKluser as Daniel G Wood has already written above, newsletter prices are given in US dollars. The price discrepancy comes from two things--first, currency exchange rates, secondly, whatever taxes, tarriffs and VATs apply to your country. 

In short, no "problem."

• @Triem OK, not that it really matters, but at the time of writing €209,- is $221,-. 

However, at least I know there is no rush to make use of the Thanksgiving offer, since it is only interesting for US citizens.

• edited November 2016

D

• @MarioKluser the Euro price (€209) includes VAT at 20%. Although VAT varies across the Euro countries, we use 20% as an average. The US dollar price does not include VAT, as things work differently in the States. If you take 20% off the Euro figure and convert it into dollars, you'll find it's actually pretty good!

Generally speaking with currency conversion, we do not use a constantly-updating rate. Rather, we look at how rates have changed over recent months, and what we expect to happen, then we choose a fair average. When in doubt we try to pass any additional saving onto the customer.

Bear in mind that this standalone upgrade deal ($30 off Pro) is not limited to Thanksgiving, it lasts until December 17th.

• @DanielGWood The VAT in the Netherlands is even 21%. Yes, they are pirates here. However, I will upgrade anyway, whether or not I have $30,- discount or not.

edited November 2016

Ah, I think I see the confusion.. currently upgrading to HitFilm Pro 2017 (from a previous "Pro" version), is €209.31, once the launch discount period ends, it will increase to ~€245 (subject to exchange rates not doing anything too crazy before then).

• edited November 2016

I see what you mean. It is very confusing indeed. Maybe it's possible when the next version (2018) comes out, to redefine the pricing.
    I just was on a shopping spree over at Triune Store (Film Riot) and they just have the same pricing for the entire planet.

Anyway, going to update now. I hope everything will work fine.

• edited November 2016

I got an email saying that until Dec 17th there is a $30 discount on the upgrade to 2017.  I don't see any discount code in the email.  When I add the upgrade to my shopping cart I get $189.  Is that the upgrade price with the discount applied?

• Yes. After Dec 17 upgrade price is $219.

• Film Riot is in the states. They do not have to charge you VAT like FxHome does.

Actually Film Riot has to charge sales tax for people in the state of Texas where Film Riot is based. Other states, no sales tax collected by the seller. So people in Texas have a net higher cost, because of tax, than I do in California.

Anyway in the US sales tax is never included in the product price. It is a separate line item, kinda like shipping. In Europe the VAT is typically included in the product price.

• Hi All

I'm trying to estimate the likely year on year cost of owning and staying current with Hitfilm Pro, from initial purchase to upgrades. 

Since HF doesn't currently have all the features I need (esp for the kind of vector-heavy Motion graphics I do, as mentioned elsewhere) but it has a strong feature set in other areas (video, VFX), I am considering purchasing a license now, and then getting onto the upgrade ladder in the hope that those features will be added very soon, perhaps in the next version.

Since the upgrade cost is about 60% of a new license, I have to weigh up the benefit of buying Hitfilm now, and having to upgrade again in a few months for half of the purchase price, and whether that extra time with the package will be recouped financially as this is not my main area for freelance work.

How much time elapsed between HF4 and Hitfilm 2017 releases? I'm guessing about 9 months? Which means I have to decide if I can recoup an upgrade fee in that time if I buy now, rather than waiting for HF2018.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Hitfilm 2017 was a free upgrade for HF4 Pro owners but I didn't think that sounded right.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
    Richard

• edited November 2016

There is 1 year between updates of Pro. The release has been around mid to late November. There will probably be a few releases, about a month apart that will probably have some new features in each. In the past FxHome has updated Hitfilm 3 and 4 with "free" updates that have new features. I would expect that to continue. No guarantees of course. No pre-announcement of what will come. In HF4 there was one update feature that was preannounced and that was that BCC would integrate with the Hitfilm lights and cameras. The initial release did not.

If memory serves me, FxHome has provided the next version update free when you purchased the current version within one month of the new release.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator
    edited November 2016

@craftycurate HitFilm Pro versions are on an annual release cycle. HitFilm 4 Pro was released on November 18, 2015 and Pro 2017 on November 17. 2016 so if you buy it now you should be good until the middle of November 2017.

Pro 2017 is not a free upgrade for HitFilm 4 owners but what you might have read about is FXHOME is good about upgrading those who purchased the current version just before a new release to the new release. 

• Thanks for those ... so are there likely to be new feature releases planned between now and HF2018, or is that not something that would be revealed at this point?

• There may be some new features added to Pro 2017 but that's the kind of thing that won't be revealed until it happens. 

• As stated. It has happened in Hitfilm 3 and 4 but that was the past. Those who know wont/cant talk about the future.

Always in motion the future is.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited November 2016

There ARE new features planned for a mid-cycle release, but what they are or when they will happen is a guess. I will state that with HF4P, it was released in Nov, 2015. A late Jan update revamped navigation controls, added in layer alignment functions and had the BCC patch for BCC using Hitfilm's cameras.

Release wise, the week before Thanksgiving is the smart guess for Hitfilm 2018. Just in time for Xmas shopping. 

Money wise, currently HFP 2017 is $349. This will be higher in a couple of days. First month (after new release) upgrade cost is $189.

This makes a projected HFP 2017 purchase and 2018 upgrade $538.

Currently the all-Adobe subscription is on-sale at $69.99/month, or a few cents under $840/year. 

So, basically, financially, you can do Hitfilm Pro 2017-2019 for less than the cost of Adobe CC 2017. 

• The Hitfilm 4 update history.

https://hitfilm.com/blog/

• Sorry folks, we'll look at how we can make that clearer next time. $189 is indeed the discounted upgrade price, $219 is the regular upgrade price, which it will change to on Dec 17th.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment