Hitfilm 4 encountered a problem and has to exit

edited October 2016 in Express Support

Why i can't open it 

Every time it says "Hitfilm 4 express encountered a problem and has to exit.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Can you list your computer's CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? Usually this type of crash on import means your machine is below minimum specifications to run Hitfilm. 

• Hey guys, I've got the same problem but I think my computer should get it...

ACER Aspire 7750G running on windows 7
    6GB RAM
    2GB Graphics
    Intel Core i7 -  2GHz  quad core
    500GB storage -> 100GB are not used

• edited October 2016

Me too encountering the same problem from the time I have installed the software. My laptop specifications are:

CPU : Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz

GPU : Dedicated 1 GB graphics card

RAM : 4 GB DDR3

Please resolve this issue, so that I may start using the software and appreciate / spread the usefulness of this software to others as well.

• @MaheshKashyap what type of graphics card is it? I know I have had issues in the past and it was solved by making sure the display adapter (graphics) driver is the most current. A lot of times with older laptops the product manufacturer wont keep the display driver as current as the actual driver manufacturer for instance Intel vs HP. My HP laptop driver was listed as most current through the website, however after going to Intel's webpage and looking there, they had a more current version than HP was offering. After installing the Intel updated driver my problems had gone away.

• edited October 2016

same problem met once, a day ago

Xeon E1650 v3, 32GB RAM, Titan X 12GB, Win 10 64, multiple SSDs

• I'm also getting the same problem. It happens when I try to composite or edit. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-2670GM CPU @ 2.20 GHz
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Windows 7
    8.00 GB RAM
    Storage: 673 GB (446 used)

edited October 2016

@Metazoa minimum requirements for Hitfilm 4 Express are an Intel HD 4000. You are under minimum specificiations.

@1814gmxnet I would think your machine is well over spec, but Hitfilm is optimized for gamer hardware and you're running some serious workstation gear. Try making certain all your GPU drivers are current?

@MaheshKashyap You haven't listed the exact model of your CPU/GPU so it's hard to check. You should also check your GPU drivers.

@frPro96 yes, you're over minimum spec, so, again, I recommend checking your GPU drivers for updates.

EVERYONE! Note that GPU drivers from your OEM might not be the latest. You'll want to download and update GPU drivers directly from the GPU manufacturer. This FAQ discusses how to do this. http://hitfilm.com/faqs/view/10

Other things to try include temporarily disabling any antivirus you might have active. That said, with this error, well over 90% of the time it's a computer either under minimum spec, or running out of date GPU drivers.

• I have the same problem.

CPU: Intel core i3 2.2GHz

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

RAM: 4gb

STORAGE: Enough

• Hi @Kobben,

I'm afraid your Graphics Card is below the minimum requirements for HitFilm. The minimum is an Intel HD 4000.

• Hi

When I attempt to import any media into a project HF4 E crashes with the " HitFilm has encountered a problem and has to close" notification.

I am running an Intel i7 4510 @ 2.0Ghz with 16gb RAM on Win 8.1 with an NVidia GeForce  750M  with 2gb RAM and 1TB HD.  I updated all the video drivers yesterday.

I am able to open the example project files from your tutorials and run them without any issues, but the minute I go to import something HF4E crashes.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?

• @IanSneddon If you're using a Dell machine with Dell Backup and Recovery or Alien Respawn installed, there is a known issue that causes problems trying to browse to files to import. For more information, see the FAQ here: http://hitfilm.com/faqs/view/78

If the problem persists or you're not using a Dell machine, please let us know. You can contact support here - https://hitfilm.com/support

• Hi Emma

Thank you for your prompt response. It is indeed a Dell Inspiron.  I'll check out the link you've given me.  

Thanks again

Kind regards

• edited January 2017

I downloaded HitFilm 4 Express earlier today, everything was going fine, until I wanted to edit. 

it keeps saying "Hitfilm 4 express encountered a problem and has to exit.".

My specs are as follows.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2520M 2.50GHz

GPU:  Intel HD Graphics 3000

RAM: 4GB

STORAGE:500GB

• @blackline242 Unfortunately your GPU is below the minimum spec for HitFilm. You have Intel HD 3000 for a GPU and the minimum Intel GPU is the HD 4000.

https://hitfilm.com/express/specs

• edited March 2017

I have the same problem everytime I try to start a new video editing.

CPU: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU 987 @1.50 GHz

GPU: Intel (R) HD Graphics Family

RAM: 4GB 

@IDKipui your machine is below minimum specs for Hitfilm. Hitfilm requires a minimum i3 CPU and a minimum Intel HD 4000 GPU, neither of which you have. 

• I experience same error " hitfilm pro 2017 encountered a problem and has to exit"

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO  

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU   M 520  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz  Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3956MB RAM

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)

please help

• @Cornellyfmi I'm sorry to say your system is below the minimum specs for HitFilm. Your CPU meets the minimum spec but your Radeon HD 4500 is below it. The lowest Radeon supported is the HD 5000 series. 

• edited January 27

@Aladdin4d, I have encountered the same problem. I know that I meet the requirements because I have used HitFilm 4 Express for a few months now for hours in a session with no problems. This had started showing up after I started editing a certain project. Could it be something that I imported into that one specific project causing the problem?

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 7644MB RAM
    Page File: 4104MB used, 4756MB available

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7660G

• Aladdin4d, I have encountered the same problem.

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Memory: 10.0 GB RAM (9.81GB usable)

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1824 MB

Dedicated Video Memory: 128 MB

System Video Memory: 0 MB

Is this enough information?

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment