Foreign language text appears as boxes [RESOLVED]

edited August 2016 in Express Support

Hello,

I am trying to insert hindi language text (Indian language) into an image. Now I know that Hitfilm doesn't support unicode but I've read that while I can't directly type in a foreign language, I can copy paste and that is supposed to work. But its not working for me. I have hindi language text in notepad but when I copy paste into hitfilm, I get boxes. I also tried copying from google translate but that doesn't work either. 

This is the text that I am trying to paste into hitfilm: निखिल

This is what I get when I paste into Hitfilm -

Hitfilm issue screenshot

I am using Hitfilm 4 express.

Thanks. 

Comments

• Try a different font. Word defaulted to using Nirmala UI before it would display the characters so I'm guessing the font you're trying to use just won't support those characters.

• It worked. Thanks a ton. I was using ariel before. 

• Glad to hear it!

• I have tried almost every font but my issue is not solved....

I am pasting "प्रस्तुत करते है " in the text box but it doesnot show up the same way.....the joint alphabets are not working

• edited December 2017

@sasunham ; I'm not really up on fonts and such, but a workaround might be to create a PNG in a photo editing software and import that PNG into Hitfilm and place and scale it to fill the space where you are putting your text.  Don't know if that will help you or not, and I suspect it would be fidgitty to do as well, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Edit: Oops, should have specified using a transparent background on that PNG.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment