I have HF2 Ultimate. I don't wanna upgrade yet, can I install HF4 Express?

edited August 2016 in Express Support

I have HF2 Ultimate. I don't wanna upgrade yet, can I install HF4 Express and still use Hitfilm2 Ultimate as normal? 
Like there is no auto override or older version uninstaller? 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Absolutely. I actually have Hitfilm 2 Ultimate, 3 and 4 Express and 3 and 4 Pro installed on my machine. No problems at all. 

• Yeah, they work fine together, you just can't have them both open at the same time.

• @Deathbynature 100% works with all versions. The only thing you might have trouble with is if you click on a project file to open, it will open in the last version you installed as the associations will most likely be associated to that version. Also remember if you install a new version and import an old project if you save it out you can't load it in the older version of HitFilm.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Filmtech, you can actually have HF 2 and later versions open at the same time. It's only with Hf3 and Hf 4 where you can only have one instance open--because the proxy system is looking at that folder. But you can run HF 2 U and HF 4E at the same time. :-)

• @Triem23 Oh wow, I haven't opened up Hitfilm 2 in a long time but I tried using 3 and 4 pro at the same time with it failing and I assumed it would be the same. Interesting to know though :D

• Yes you can. You can install hitfilm 4 express here: https://hitfilm.com/express and you can get a little taster of what hitfilm can do and then you can think about upgrading to hitfilm 4 pro aswell.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment