Thanks for all the fish

Comments

• Congratulations!!

You'll be successful where ever you go. We'll keep an eye out for you on the forums.

• All the best for you, @simonkjones. :)

(Admit it that I haven't been able to be very active here in this forum. But I know that you are a special person for HitFilm.

Good Luck for your writing career.

• Andy001z yeah it was done on Amiga 4000's running Lightwave along with Seaquest and quite a few other shows from that day. I still got my Amiga 4000 and 2500 collecting dust in the attic. Even had the Video Toaster with it from NewTek which was pretty sweet at the time. I kinda miss those days LOL.

And @simonkjones ........I just popped into the forum after a few days to see whats been happening and holy crap I got hit with a bomb! But sincerely though you will be missed and tutorials and knowledge just wont be the same. You will be missed and I hope the best for you and thank you for all that you have done to help out other hobbyist and aspiring film makers.

• Best of luck to you, Simon!

• Thanks for this post. I will really be missing you a lot and hope you will really be returning soon back to the forums early

• edited May 2016

Good luck to you, Simon!

• edited May 2016

The only people who have been here longer than @SimonKJones are myself and @malone who set up the company. This is sad news indeed! The whole team here will really REALLY miss Simon... but we're excited for him in that he is going to a role which appears to be tailor made for him. :)

As Simon's friend I'm sure he will continue to do great things and really shake things up in his new role. I also look forward to working with Simon on something creative on the very near future - a 48 hour film festival of some kind maybe?!?!

Simon has done a great deal to shape the software over the years because he is a creative indie filmmaker at heart. You all know how much he loves to educate on how to use HitFilm but what you guys might not know is that he also educates the team here at FXHOME. He shows us how you guys are using the software and therefore what feature and bugs are the most critical or exciting - he is the voice of you guys and that is REALLY important.

His role isn't always easy - balancing the needs of the company and your colleagues while also putting forward indie filmmakers needs. He has fought hard for you guys and that has fundamentally shaped the company and who we intend to be moving forward.

Thank you Simon for being such a strong rudder - I hope you'll continue to point us in the right direction for years to come. :)

• Can we bring back the Like button for @JoshDaviesCEO 's comment, please?

• @JoshDaviesCEO  -    *LIKE*

@AxelWilkinson  - You have to do it manually now. *LIKE*   Even a thumbs up emoticon would go a long way.

• You do a tutorial with Starfuries (or Omegas, Sharlins, Nials, Vorchans, or the First Ones), and I'll watch it, try it, and share it!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

*Like* @JoshDaviesCEO beautifully stated, sir! 

*LIKE* @AxelWilkinson and @StormyKnight ;

*LIKE*@SimonKJones, just cuz we like ya. 

• All the best for whatever comes next, and thank you for all you've done for this community. I'm still optimistic about HitFilm becoming common in professional circles, especially in independent film. :)

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator

*warm feelings*

• edited May 2016
  • edited May 2016

Thanks for everything and good luck for the future.

The way you did your tutorials was great, no rush in the voice, everything well explained and well structured. 

• All the best for the future @simonkjones !

I really appreciate all of your feedback and your endless engagement with this community. You have no idea how great it was to finally meet someone who was on the ball, engaged and truly cared about their users. I am sure the UK writers have much to look forward to having you on their side :)

• edited August 2016

-

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely still be around in some form or another, as there are too many exciting things going on here for me to disappear entirely. :)

As film won't be part of my day job anymore I might even get back into making short films in my spare time. 

• I’d like to echo @JoshDaviesCEO’s comments; we will all miss Simon tremendously here at the good ship FXHOME. He’s been a worthy sailor for many years, providing advice from the crows nest, manning the rigging, and keeping things on an even keel. It will truly be all hands on deck with him gone.

Bon voyage sir, we like the cut of your jib!

• Awww 

Good luck in the future!

Glad to hear you'll stick around on forums!

• @DanielGWood whoa man, you took the massive pirate ship metaphor right out of my mouth. 

Simon's next adventure will be fantastic and we're all so happy for him :) There will be many soppy goodbyes here for sure.

• Best wishes on your new job.

You will definitely be missed. I have enjoyed all of your tutorials. Therfore, happy to hear that you will stick around here.

• As someone who mainly lurks, it shows my appreciation that I am actually posting.

Thanks for all of the tutorials etc. I'm not sure how much worse my famously bad my videos would have been without them...

All the best.

Thanks, everyone! This week is my last, so if you want me to hassle the devs about any wishlist features you'd better tell me fast.

• Thank's Simon I will miss your insights and uniquely stylized tutorials. Although, just because you have left FXhome, that does not mean you cannot record additional tutorials.....

Possibly @KirstieT  and @JoshDaviesCEO  can base their next tutorial on adding VFX to a special office going away party video.

All the best.

Bob

• edited May 2016

A *wish* for the list: A fully interactive holographic  @SimonKJones available 24/7/365. Pops right up out of HF. 

A bit like Microsoft's Clippy character, then?

• edited May 2016

I suggest making it a blue dolphin, so that it contrasts nicely with the red shark from LightWorks, especially when I get around to writing a review of HitFilm FOR RedSharkNews. ;)

(The review part will happen... as soon as you guys get the audio stuff fixed so that I can edit stuff in HitFIlm ;) )

So on the subject of hassling the devs, I'm going to poke on that and R3D support... ;)

• @SimonKJones I'd like you to be a pain in the arse so that we get hotkeys for the custom workspaces. I made a thread about that earlier today. :)

• @SimonKJones - Please, if it's coming from FXhome it's automatically going to be 1000 times better!!!  ;^)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment