Losing footage from imported videos

Still not certain if this is an issue with the software or if it's just my lack of experience with HitFilm, but the problem I'm facing is that all that videos I import to my projects (no no matter how long or short) all seem to be missing the last few seconds of footage.

This isn't a big issues for some of my files, but in some cases I'm losing footage that I needed for my edit.

I've tried looking online but haven't found a solution so far, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• What format is the video in, what codec does it use, and is it variable frame rate? If you convert the video to a different format does it have any impact on the issue?

• edited May 2016

The files are MP4, 29.97 frames, AVC / H.264

Would you recommend using a different format?

• Hitfilm should be able to support Quicktime, AVCHD, AVI, M2T, M2TS, MOV, MP4 (AVC/H264 & AAC), MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 (TS, PS, MPE, MPG, MPEG, M2V), MTS, MXF (DVCPro HD), DV, HDV, WMV.  And your 9.97 frames, AVC / H.264 MP4 should be recognized by Hitfilm, try to transcode it to other format like MP4G, or WMV, see if it helps.

• Perhaps it's a variable framerate issue? Give us the Mediainfo report please. :)

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator

Also, where are you getting the videos from - are they from a camera, or screen capture?

In the past I've had issues with videos missing chunks off the end when screen capturing or recording games - I noticed this in numerous NLEs, not just HitFilm. Switching to a constant frame rate fixed it (as well as other issues like audio sync).

On the off chance that is in fact the culprit, here's a handy video to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBmkIrekBk

• Thanks for the replies. The videos were taken from a camera not screen capture, but it looks like it could be a frame rate issue with the camera I recorded with

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment