No vector formats supported?

I have a lot of content in vector format e.g. EPS, SWF, SVG etc which I would want to use in projects but it seems there is no support for any vector format importing. Is this correct?

A bit of a showstopper for me if it is!

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• Unfortunately this is the case. You should convert your images to .png before using them in your projects.

And, if I remember correctly, Adobe Premiere Pro doesn't support this either, so at least we're not alone. They do support vector masks though, but you're going to have to wait for a Staff clarification on this matter.

Kevin

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Are you looking at Hitfilm Express or Pro? Hitfilm itself doesn't import EPS, or any vectors,  but the Boris Fx modules in Pro does.  

• I'm trialling Hitfilm 4 Pro.

But the BorisFX content does not integrate with the Hitfilm unified 3D space, does it?

After Effects supports a wide range of vector formats including EPS, SWF and layered AI, and AE comps can be used on the Premiere Pro timeline.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Not yet. An update this year is supposed to integrate Boris with Hitfilm's camera and lights, but it likely still renders to a 2D layer. 

Oh, I'm aware of AE's vector import. It's in the wishlist, and maybe one day we get it.I'll batch rasterize vectors for Hitfilm. Not optimal. Or, I stick with my aging AE CS6

Sign in to comment