Death defying HeatRay Tutorial 'Official Teaser'

Hi chaps, firstly

I'd like to apologise for not being around much! we have been working overtime to get the site out of design/html and into implementation and verification,

As before I mentioned that a whole stack of tutorials are being made with cross translation from other software into HitFilm, 

It turns out HitFilm holds a unique tool of it's own and what it does sets it aside from the rest,  anyway here's a look at the result from the worm hole tutorial; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANndu8XXtmI
@Triem23 @AxelWilkinson @SimonKJones @KirstieT @JoshDaviesCEO

:)

Comments

• Very nice! The first half of the clip in particular is really fantastic.

• I agree with Simon, very nice, took me back to my FarScape watching days. Bet that took some time to render?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Hmmmm. Have some ideas, can't wait to see how you did it. Very nice. 

• Yup, John Crichton was the first thing that came to mind. Excellent job! And kudos for enduring the steps to start a legit site! Can't wait to see it when you're done.

• Cool stuff! I'm liking that a lot. Looking forward to seeing how it was done.

• edited April 2016

@SimonKJones @AxelWilkinson Thank you indeed! I think I may have you liking the second half 
    @Andy001z @StormyKnight  I can see where you are coming from, I looked up for a video showing the worm hole variations from FarScape, for it's time that was some neat stuff, the render time is around 12 minutes on my workstation but that's down to optimization, Thank you! we have a launch date for around the middle of May time

@Triem23 it's the shortest tutorial out of the stack! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWx6xNdkUY

I may have to retake this, damn over expressive scripts -_-

EDIT- Only now do I notice the volume drop at the part mentioning Simon and Axle.

• This looks amazing!

• @NxVisualstudio really professionally done, looking good.

• Wow! Nice work :D

• edited May 2016

Hi everyone! what a hectic few months, I've just started on the tutorial blog spot, right now only the first 'War Of The Worlds' page is active and you can check it out here;  http://nxvisualstudio.com/index.php/tutorials/

the rest are still having content added and some tutorials still haven't been added to the list yet.

I'm in the process of sorting out the URL annoyance with the index.php showing up, to be honest PHP isn't my strongest point and can be at times fearful changing things, a bit like when your nan thinks turning on the computer will cause the launch of a nuclear missile haha, 

@DanielGWood  

Setting $config['index_page'] = "index.php"; as $config['index_page'] = "";

Then to go to 'application/config/config.php.' Find $config['enable_query_strings'] and set it to 'FALSE' should sort this? it's Apache software :) 

@KirstieT Thank you very much indeed! :) also I loved your solo host tutorial, the humour in them is top notch as always especially when Josh "accidentally" chooses the frame at the 7 second mark, also you should be called 'The IronLady' from now on though, you play it superbly :3

As of @SimonKJones 's recent departure plans, I'm going to miss you bud, quite a unique asset and personality to the company, I'm glad you will be hanging around and hopefully we hear the odd exceedingly British tutorial from time to time.

@StephansBilderwelt @Andy001z

I'm glad you like it! there was a slight issue a few weeks back, the original mixing desk decided to self combust to a degree :/ It's my own fault for leaving the Phantom power constantly running for the amount of time I had it so that delayed some of the work. :))    

• edited May 2016

@NXVisualStudio  re: index.php

Permalinks setting? should be  /%postname%/

What do you have for WordPress address (URL) & Site Address (URL) under General Settings?

.htaccess

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Permalinks_without_mod_rewrite

Hesh

• edited May 2016

NXVisualStudio

I feel like what you have created shows how Hitfilm can really create incredible things, at a glance it looks like an indie software for the people who are only just starting filmmaking.

But once you dig really deep, it can do so much more

• @PaulHesh Life saver! as always I'm overlooking things, Thank you !

@TheAbstract  It certainly stretches beyond Indie indeed, 
    the software's a little powerhouse, thanks bud :) 

• Looks awesome!

• It's not accurate at all but needed to make one for the tutorial :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfO1u6UeoHI

@Yeremyah Cheers Buddy :) 

• edited May 2016

I know this is the shortest teaser ever but I wanted to let you all know it's close to release for the series https://youtu.be/LfZzqCYRNpA

:)

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Tony, looks fantastic, as always! 

But, dammit, I'm really waiting for your sun tutorial before I go back to my Doctor Who fanfilm. 

• @Triem23 That one is twenty eight pages long for the script, half of it has already been recorded and will be longer than 30 minutes, I know that because the video as it stands is around 27 minutes at the half way mark so it should amount to a good 40+ minutes, I hope you have the patients :P  

Cheers Buddy :3 

• This is what I call a heat ray! :) Looking forward to the tutorial

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator

Gorgeous! Gotta say, though, it's actually the background mountains and sky that really caught my attention.

• Great looking ray.

• Love it! :)

• edited May 2016

@SimonKJones Ahh the burning sky? it's how I Imagined it from the novel for some reason, I'll shoot you a message later on something, Cheers for the feedback chap! :)

@StephansBilderwelt It'll rain fury on your next VFX shot I promise  ;) Thanks dude!

@Andy001z Thanks budd :)

@spydurhank  I'm glad you like it! I have no Idea why but I have read your name as spidydrunk for the past year or so haha

Sign in to comment