Adding pictures.

Hi, I just want to ask for help on adding a picture into a video. As the video plays the picture inside of it. That would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Which version of Hitfilm are you running. There are several way to do it. One might depend on your version. 

• HitFilm3 Express

• Please help.

You trying for a simple picture in picture like a news report, or does the overlay have to move in the scene? 

• What!? I just want to put the picture on the video.

Ok. 

Assuming your video is already on the Editor Timeline, right-click the video layer, select "Make Composite Shot." Take properties from Editor Timeline, go agead and move any effects. 

Add your picture to the layer above video. 

Make the picture your active layer. 

Go to the "Controls" panel and twirl open the "Transform" group. 

Adjust "Scale"  until the picture is the right size. 

Adjust "Position"  until the picture is in the right place. For this you can use the arrow widget on-screen to drag it around. 

Have some twa and celebrate your successful composite. 

• edited January 2016

Stars227, does this help? Is this what you want to achieve?

Import your video and photo and then do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9ggZWD6t4

• Uh... Thanks Tirem. I'll try that. My video was in the timeline and the picture was  on the video. So. I'll remove the  pic and add the composite shot like u said.

• edited January 2016

yay it worked. Thanks !

Yw. :-) 

• i want to add a picture on the side of the ongoing video in hitfilm 4 express

@idupadiwala ;

Ok. 

Assuming your video is already on the Editor Timeline, right-click the video layer, select "Make Composite Shot." Take properties from Editor Timeline, go agead and move any effects. 

Add your picture to the layer above video. 

Make the picture your active layer. 

Go to the "Controls" panel and twirl open the "Transform" group. 

Adjust "Scale"  until the picture is the right size. 

Adjust "Position"  until the picture is in the right place. For this you can use the arrow widget on-screen to drag it around. 

Have some tea and celebrate your successful composite. 

• Or....just add your picture to a layer above your video in the Editor, click and drag the corners to scale it (Hold SHIFT to keep the proportions the same) etc. to where you want it and stretch it out on the timeline to be as long as it needs to be.

• well i also need help i just need to put a picture in Hitfilm 4 Express and it always says "File Error"... i am trying to add in a .Tif image  

• edited April 21

@V4lad1s  I'm away from my computer on my phone at the moment, but I am not sure that tiff is supported by hitfilm.  If you can, convert it to a png which I know it supports and see if that gets rid of the error message.

Edit:

Disregard.  I just checked when I got home to the computer and Hitfilm does support tiff files  Not sure what the issue is here.  You could still try converting in case there's something in your Tiff settings that's an issue.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment