Error when linking YouTube account

By now I'm sure many of you have had the issue where you try to link your YouTube account to HitFilm 3 Express, but every time you paste in that code you need, it says, "an error occurred while getting account details." I have tried countless possible solutions and NONE of them have worked. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS ANNOYING BUG?!

Comments

• My only "solution" was persistence. Eventually I got it to work.

I did try variations. I use the Chrome browser which i have auto login to Google which of course includes Youtube. I did try various permutations and combinations of closing the browser, closing the tab, logging Chrome out of Google and so on.

I don't know if there is "a" solution but persistence won the day for me in trying again and again.. In trying with variations of the above listed items in combination.

• What was your general routine when you say persistence? Did you log out of your Google account and log back in, did you repeatedly copy and paste? I've tried copying and pasting multiple times, and then when that didn't work, I'd keep clicking "Get Link" or whatever and get a new link, where I'd copy and paste that a few times.

• I tried various combinations of...

• closing the browser
    • closing the browser tab that Hitfilm opened
    • logging Chrome out of Google
    • closing Hitfilm

...and then trying again in some different combination. I don't know if any of that helped. Maybe with just repeated tries it eventually would have worked.

• Well Norman, I literally tried everything. Various combinations, signing in and out, refreshing, I TRIED. I think it's safe to say I'm officially done with HitFilm until, oh, I don't know, the developers just fix this issue already.

• That seems a bit of an odd attitude. That Hitfilm is only useful for you if it can upload directly to Youtube in program? You can render a file and upload that directly yourself.

It took me maybe 8-16 tries. I cannot remember. I was persistent since I knew Hitfilm changed to using an updated/new Youtube API so it might still be quirky in implementation. 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator
    edited August 2015

Wow! I have to admit I have HitFilm 3 Pro instead of Express but to be "officially done" with a free program just because you can't get it to link with YouTube is a little extreme especially considering numerous others have done it successfully so it may not even be FXHOME's fault. I'm also going to point out you can still export to h264 to your computer and upload to YouTube the old fashioned way. It's like an escalator breaking and becoming stairs - Sorry for the convenience

• We've encountered this happening on Macs, but we've yet to pinpoint what is causing it. It doesn't happen consistently, which makes it a tricky one. It'd be good to know whether zach is on Mac or PC.

Main thing is that we're aware of the issue and we're investigating.

• Sorry guys, but do please try to keep the discussion on topic, the OP was about errors linking your YouTube account to HitFilm, something which we are currently looking into.

I have moved the discussion about H.264 & YouTube in general to here.  

Many Thanks,
    Ady

• I am having this issue on a PC.  Using Chrome.  My google account shows Hitfilm as being allowed but I keep trying codes and keep getting the same response.  

• yeah i have the same problem too im using windows 10 and using chrome

• This is a known issues, and the devs are working on it.

In the meantime, export to mp4 using the following settings.

Level: 4.2

Profile: HIGH

For Video bitrate, well...

720p at 24, 25, 30 fps: 5 Mbps. 7.5 Mbps at 48, 50, 60 fps

1080p at 24, 25, 40 fps: 8Mbps. 12 Mbps at 48, 50,60 fps.

1440p (2K) at 24, 25, 30 fps: 16 Mbps. 24 Mbps at 48, 50, 60 fps

2160p (4K) at 24, 25, 30 fps: 40 Mbps. 60Mbps at 48, 50, 60 fps.

Then upload the mp4 to Youtube using the normal dialog boxes. Yup, it's an extra step, but using these settings you'll be giving YouTube what it wants. Hopefully the devs will fix this issue soon, but it's an issue with the way YouTube changed it's upload and security API's in June that's causing the issue.

• I solved this by switching to another broswer when loging in YouTube account. You can give it a shot.

• We are aware of the issue and I can confirm that we are working on it at the moment. Unfortunately it is not an easy one to fix.

In the meantime, it seems that using different browsers and trying to add your account in HitFilm multiple times ends up working after a while.

Alternatively you can do what Triem23 suggested, export to mp4 and then export to YouTube manually using your browser.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment