Canon 5dMkii vs 6d

I have been saving up for a new camera. The 6d has really caught my eye as a cheaper full frame camera. I plan on buying used.

However, a friend of my recently txted me saying that RIT (the school he goes to) is selling 5d Mkiis for 900 bucks, no tax, all under the table.

Which camera is better for video.?

I believe the 6d is better because its far better low light but it is more expensive/

Thoughts?

Comments

• I loved when I Had a Canon 6d.  Why not just get the newer camera with a better processor... where you can hold Canon or whatever store you buy it from responsible if it breaks 2 days after you buy it?  Your friend can't unspend money after the fact.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

$900 isn't a bad price for a used 5d mk ii, but I recommend the 6d. There are mechanical parts in cameras and a used 5d mk ii will have wear and tear on those parts, and will be out of warranty. 

The 6D has better low light, better autofocus (even though you should use manual focus) and a wider selection of resolution and frame rates. 5d mk ii only shoots 1920x1080 @29.97 fps. 6d can shoot 1920x1080 @29.97 and 23.97, and can shoot 60fps, although that's in 1280x720. Still, that's in-camera slow motion. 

Here's a comparison chart for further reference.

www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=canon_eos5dmkii&products=canon_eos6d

• I have to say 6D because it is the smaller and less expensive version of the 5D. And 6d adds the same 5% back with GPS and WiFi not in the 5D Mark III.

• I would recommend quality of camera (6D) but if you want 4k shots if i am not mistaken the 5d mkII is beast at high resolution. But it is always your choice! :) I have a 100D which does 1080p at 30 and 24 fps and canon claims it does 60fps 7s0p but i can only seem to get it to 50fps. all for £500 about with 2 lenses included! but it is lways your choice! I would get a 5D mkII though if it wasn't used! But.. im 13 so i wont get one for a while!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment