HitFilm freezing

HitFilm keeps freezing on me and I need to get this video done by the end of the week. I'm panicking!

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff
    edited June 2014
    Hitfilm keeps freezing on me and I need to get this video done by the end of the week. I"M PANICKING!

Hi,
    Can we have your system specifications please?
    Also when is the software freezing, can you be more precise with when this is happening & what you are doing within the software exactly? Please provide as much information as possible so that we can help diagnose what's going on.
    CPU:
    RAM:
    GPU:
    Thanks,
    Ady

Cpu: AMD Fx-8350
    Ram:8 gb
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
    It happens when I'm editing 
  • AdyAdy Staff
    Cpu: AMD Fx-8350
    Ram:8 gb
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
    It happens when I'm editing 

Hi,
    Are you running the latest driver for your card? 337.88
    Editing video, particle effects, images... ?
    What format is the video / images your editing?
    If you're editing video what is the codec used?

• The codec is Avc/ H.264.  It's very simple editing like cutting and adding music. I have the latest driver
  • AdyAdy Staff
    The codec is Avc/ H.264.  It's very simple editing like cutting and adding music. I have the latest driver

H.264 isn't the best codec to edit with, you might want to read this post here which explains a little about Video Compression & Performance.

• Does the freezing happen when you do something specific,or does it seem to happen at random times?
  • I've been having this sort of problem. I don't know how to fix it, but my HitFilm will freeze constantly for 3-5 minutes, and it's driving me insane! I can't work around it, since it takes ages to do anything. PLEASE HELP!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@RoboBot7325

System specs. CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? Are your GPU drivers current? What Antivirus are you running? Is it a Dell or Alienware?

Sign in to comment