Fonts not appearing in Hitfilm 2 Express

Hi all,
I'm new to HitFilm 2 having taken up the terrific offer of Express for free last month

Just having a problem finding some fonts in the text tool, they simply dont feature in the drop menu in the text pannel.
Eg. In my windows/fonts directory I can see that I have 6 fonts starting with the letter N. In HitFilm only 1 of those fonts is showing. I'm seeing approximately 70% of my total fonts in Hitfilm.
These fonts appear in Photoshop and other applications.

Many thanks for your help!

Comments

• Hi all,
    I'm new to HitFilm 2 having taken up the terrific offer of Express for free last month

Just having a problem finding some fonts in the text tool, they simply dont feature in the drop menu in the text pannel.
    Eg. In my windows/fonts directory I can see that I have 6 fonts starting with the letter N. In HitFilm only 1 of those fonts is showing. I'm seeing approximately 70% of my total fonts in Hitfilm.
    These fonts appear in Photoshop and other applications.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi,
    Can you confirm that all of the fonts you are using are .TTF (True Type Fonts) & not .OTF (Open Type Fonts)?
    Are you using any kind of Font management software?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• Hi,
    Can you confirm that all of the fonts you are using are .TTF (True Type Fonts) & not .OTF (Open Type Fonts)?
    Are you using any kind of Font management software?
    Thanks,
    Ady

You were right: they were all OTF fonts not True Type. Thanks for solving that :)
    Is there any work-around that would allow me to use OTF fonts in Hitfilm?

Thanks for you help.

• You were right: they were all OTF fonts not True Type. Thanks for solving that :)
    Is there any work-around that would allow me to use OTF fonts in Hitfilm?

Thanks for you help.

Hi,
    No problem, glad we got to the bottom of it.
    At the moment only .TTF fonts are supported, unless you can find a .TTF of the fonts you wish to use then sadly there is no other way to make them work. We have had requests for the software to be updated to support .OTF so it's possible this support may be added in the future.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• i have the same ptoblem with my FAVOURITE font iNked God downloaded from dafont

it is .ttf  file but still not appearing( plz help)

• edited October 26

You are probably better off creating your own new thread on your issue verses resurrecting a 3+ year old thread on Hitfilm 2 Express when we are now three versions newer with Hitfilm Express 2017.

Some fonts just don't work in all applications. Some fonts can be a bit sketchy. Often ones from sites like daFont.

Commonly applications not using, can't use, the operating system font engine have the most issues. Like OpenGL apps such as Hitfilm, Boris, NewBlue.

That font does not work with Hitfilm native text or the Boris Title studio titler. It does work in NewBlue titler Pro 4.

I tried running the font through a font fixer utility but no change.

The incompatibility issues could have something to do with the "grunge" look features of many of the font glyphs.

• VIRTUALESENCE 

I had such an issue and found that the font was in Hitfilm but the name of the font was not as expected.

Sign in to comment