Ummm,..where's the Change Log / Release Notes ?

Is it okay to ask this question,..because sometimes it's forbidden in certain software to ask a question like this in the forum.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Hi waduk
    We only list the changes in the most recent update, but they can be found here: http://hitfilm.com/ultimate/update
    We are happy for you to ask questions!
    Tom
  • hehe - don't be scared to ask questions. That's what we're here for.
    FXhome/HitFilm staff are a lot more open in discussing things like this unlike some other companies :)
  • edited May 2012
    Thanks for the answer, already know that page though 8-|
    hmm,..there's no known issues/bugs? Is there a wiki somewhere? Or Readme ?
    It's important to have a thing like this.
    I seriously want HitFilm in my team arsenal, but since there's so little release notes, i have little doubts whether i should buy it or not.
    The reason is this:
    Once in a while i often got a showstopper, meaning the some program that my production use have a known issues/bugs. So if i know that bugs/known issues, i can avoid making mistakes in Pre/Post Production (file format, resolution, etc).
    Case scenario :
    There's no explanation how cache works in hitfilm. what type of workflow/file that will being cached by HitFilm.
    For instance,...in Adobe Premiere, to speed up workflow, i must avoid using non conformed files. This is a seriously a time saver if there's a hundreds of clips being imported across multiple workstation.
    Question:
    The HitFilm demo is not what i expected regarding the export.
    But i read is only export to PNG/JPG/BMP Sequence, Uncompressed/DV AVI, and h.264?
    What about Quicktime Animation lossless? Tiff Sequence?
    Last thought:
    I already love this program, but i have a doubt to use it in my small production company.
    I think i'm going to buy this for personal use.

=========
    Not an english speaker,.so forgive the grammar and so on
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator
    edited May 2012

Thanks for the answer, already know that page though 8-|
    hmm,..there's no known issues/bugs? Is there a wiki somewhere? Or Readme ?
    It's important to have a thing like this.

You can see a list of common issues here:
    http://support.hitfilm.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view
    We don't have a public list of known issues/bugs. I can't think of a single product manufacturer that I've ever come across that does that. Except perhaps for open source projects, which are very different and rely on open, community-based evolution.
    [quote]I seriously want HitFilm in my team arsenal, but since there's so little release notes, i have little doubts whether i should buy it or not.[/quote]
    The best way to judge a product's stability and behaviour is by looking to the users. Browsing these forums will give you a good impression of how people are getting on with HitFilm.
    [quote]Case scenario :
    There's no explanation how cache works in hitfilm. what type of workflow/file that will being cached by HitFilm.
    For instance,...in Adobe Premiere, to speed up workflow, i must avoid using non conformed files. This is a seriously a time saver if there's a hundreds of clips being imported across multiple workstation.[/quote]
    That's because HitFilm does not yet have a caching system. This is on the wishlist and is definitely something we intend to add in a future version of the software, although we don't currently have any kind of timeline for such a feature.
    The best way to assess which features HitFilm has is to read the product pagesand try out the demo.
    [quote]But i read is only export to PNG/JPG/BMP Sequence, Uncompressed/DV AVI, and h.264?
    What about Quicktime Animation lossless? Tiff Sequence?[/quote]
    HitFilm can export to MP4, AVI (uncompressed and DV) and image sequence (PNG, JPG, BMP). It also has integrated YouTube uploading.
    Increasing the number of export options is something I'd personally certainly like to see added to a future version.
    If you have any other questions let us know!
  • Pretty bad and UnPro you dont have a full update log of all Hitfilm versions. A program which hides its problems, and its pending fixes is not a pro system.  Wish you don't remove my comment, because it is the same in this comments system where you did not include Likes and Unlikes, neither responses.

• @OscarUnique as a Hitfilm user and frequent user of this forum, I can vouch that Hitfilm as a company do share serious problems that arise with the community. The software has a testing process and as such it often has most if not all its BUGs ironed out. However, there are times when certain systems or ways that users use the software that have caused issues to arise. For example with the release of Hitfilm Express 2017 the way the software decoded certain media meant for a lot of people they saw a serious performance hit on start up of any project or new media to the project. Not a bug but a new feature designed to overcome an issue with media with variable frame rates (phones, screen captures).

Not many companies will share bug logs ahead of a new release.

Sign in to comment