Stopping a video while music plays over it

Hi, so I am new to Hitfilm and wanted to ask if there is a way to stop the video that I select at a certain point while the music keeps playing in the background. Technically the music goes with the stopped clip. The clip is one that I recorded on a camera so its not CG or anything else.

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 25

@Worpolax ; The easiest way that I know of would be create a composite shot and "slice" your video at the moment you desire and export a PNG of that last frame and import it back into Hitfilm and place it after your video and set the duration of it to be the song.  Hope I made sense of the steps for you and it helps you along.  You would need to use the back half of the clip on a layer under your PNG to have the sound continue.

• That works. Another way is make clip into a composite shot, slice at the stop point, add the Speed effect to the second half and set the speed to 0.0.

• edited January 25

Yet another way is to make two cuts to isolate a single frame, and use the rate stretch tool to stretch out that one frame as long as needed.  I use this technique quite frequently, and find it easier than manually setting speed when I need the held frame to be a specific length.

• Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I will definitely try these out!

Sign in to comment