Unsubscribing from emails for a specific forum thread?

I posted in a forum thread, and now I get an email telling me whenever somebody makes a new post in that thread. It's a lot of emails.

I know I can change my settings so I don't receive ANY emails about ANY threads I've commented in anymore, but how do I unsubscribe from email notifications just from one specific thread? Anyone know? I can't find a link for it either in the email or on the thread itself.

Thanks.

Comments

• @HiFi you can adjust your email preferences from your forum profile (click on Profile below and then preferences):

https://hitfilm.com/forum/profile/preferences

• edited January 14

Thanks CedricBonnier, I appreciate you took the time to reply, but as I explained in my initial post, I cannot find any email preferences (on the page you linked) that address the issue I detailed in my second paragraph. I am trying to unsubscribe from one specific discussion, not all of them, but I cannot find an option to do that.

The reason I'm asking this is that I've received 58 emails about one discussion. I don't want to unsubscribe from all discussions I ever post in; just that one. Do you know if this is possible? It seems like it should be.

Right now, my only options seem to be to completely opt out of all email notifications about every discussion I post in, or mark emails about that particular discussion as spam, and hope my spam filter is smart enough to understand.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

It's not possible to unsubscribe from ONE thread. You're probably better off unsubscribing from all threads then opting into the ones you want to follow. 

• Thanks, Triem23, that sounds like it would be a very helpful workaround. I didn't know it was possible to opt in to individual threads. Is that done by clicking the thread's 'Bookmark' star, or is there another way?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Bookmark star, correct. 

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment