Fluffy Cloud Fly Through

I want to fly the camera through Fluffy Cloud without the Fluffy Cloud particles changing position.  As I fly the camera through the Fluffy Cloud the particles move about where I need them to stay in static locations not dynamically move.   PLEASE HELP! I will die an evil death of a thousand pains if I do not perfect this incredible space age technique without your incredibly needed expertise.  

Comments

• I am using Hitfilm  Express 2017.

• I created a fluffy cloud with the camera flying through the cloud colored pink with a pink light layer.  The  exported rendered video shows the video "blinks" to a darker color at times 2 seconds, 5 seconds, 6 seconds, and so forth.  The color abruptly changes as I fly the camera through the cloud intermittently.  How do I make the fly through color not change periodically abruptly?

https://vimeo.com/248899410

• Wrong Hyperlink. 

Correct Hyperlink:  https://vimeo.com/249987189

I a using Hitfilm Express 2017

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

I'm not 100% sure you can. You have two issues here. The first is that Fluffy Cloud fades out anyway (which, on a black background leads to everything getting darker). Second,  individual particles are flat--like pictures of cloud textures on a transparent sheet. The "pops" you see are layers of texture vanishing as the camera flies through them.

You could try adding more cloud layers at lower transparency to build up a thicker cloud and having more clouds that start later in the shot (keyframed opacity to fade in) to help counter those two factors, but it will be difficult to get a totally smooth fly through unless you can arrange your clouds to where the camera never flies directly through a texture. 

• Triem23,

Thank you

• Using 2d images and varying opacity for clouds as The Master outlined  above also needs varying blend mods of atmosphere and light leaks to sell the effect. Might be good to search for those things and ad them to your assets. A simple search revealed there are a few at Videezy.

• i have testing with the speed-effect (0.00) on the fluffy-cloud preset. but they block the camera move instantly. strange thing. maybe a bug? 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

1 thread per question, please. 

Sign in to comment