How to make Presets

I used the search bar to look but nothing came up. I was wondering how do you make a preset? Thanks

Comments

• http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual/#presets.htm
    Basically, right-click the layer in question, and choose "Create Preset" from the menu.
  • edited February 2012

http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual/#presets.htm
    Basically, right-click the layer in question, and choose "Create Preset" from the menu.

Yes, I saw this information in the 'Presets Tutorial' under the getting started section. My question is, in the future will you be able to select multiple layers to combine them to make one preset. For example, I used three different smoke elements (3 layers) to create a Harry Potter 'Death Eater' effect, and I wanted to save it as a preset.
    I guess, I could export the clip as pre-keyed stock footage with an alpha channel as in After Effects (which is probably a better option), but not sure if Ultimate can do this as I am unable to export to the computer in the trial version.
    Todd
  • Being able to save multiple layers into a preset would indeed be nifty, and is something we are looking into, but Im not sure that you will see it anytime soon. It is possible to render with alpha channels in the full version though, either to uncompressed AVI or to an image sequence.

• Being able to save multiple layers into a preset would indeed be nifty, and is something we are looking into, but Im not sure that you will see it anytime soon. It is possible to render with alpha channels in the full version though, either to uncompressed AVI or to an image sequence.

Kinda of what I thought, hey just add it to the wish list :). Rendering in alpha channels is how I have always created my other stock video footage in AE. In fact, I am not sure how to make presets in AE or even if you can. Anyway, just got my email confirming my Hit Film Ultimate purchase and serial numbers....Now the fun begins, need to go activate my software.
    Cheers,
    Todd

• http://hitfilm.com/reference-manual/#presets.htm

I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me I cannto figure out what it is. So here goes. I was attempting to make a few transition presets similar to those I use in Premiere. I was attempting to make a 'Flash' preset. You know the type when you see a flash of white between two clips to form a transition.
    I imported a while solid layer from photoshop and dropped it into a composite layer (2D layer). Added a a few keyframs for opacity essentially causing the white layer to go from 0% opacity to 100% in one frame, then back to 0% on the next. Using a background file to check the keyframe, the effect works just as it should. The problem is that I want to make this transition a preset, and whenever I right click on the white solid layer that contains the keyframes I never see an option to "Create Preset".
    Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Todd
  • You can't create a preset containing an object layer, presets in HitFilm are used to either save the settings of a 3D effect layer, or to save the settings of the Effects applied to a layer such as a plane. If you used a generated effect to create the flash (such as a Fill Color, or a gradient set to all one color), then you could save it as a preset, which could then be applied to whatever video or plane layer you wanted.
  • I have been trying to make presets also and I was really confused because I made a new composite shot of a video clip, I right-clicked the layer of the video clip, and "Create Preset" did not come up. Please help me with this.
  • You need to right-click on the effects, not on the video.
    http://youtu.be/CueBMSrH6C4
  • Also, to follow-up on this old discussion, in HitFilm 2 Ultimate you can now export a composite shot in its entirety, which is basically a way of saving more complicated setups.
  • Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but in Axel's video at about 3:25 he points out an option to save Transform properties in a Preset along with the Effects.

Don't see that option anymore.  Where did it go? 

• @Stargazer54 It's still there- it only shows for 3D effects like the particle simulator. It's been changed to "include layer properties".

• @inScapeDigital ; Ok, thanks.  I see it now. I was able to create a 3D preset from the particle simulator.  Then bring that into a new comp shot, parent a text layer to it and hide the particle sim.   This gave me what I wanted: a repeatable move on some text (or any other layer for that matter).

Sign in to comment