New Problem: Cant Save new projects, Cant export

Hello I am new to hitfilm 4 express but I have made 10 videos with it so far. My computer updated to windows ten creator suite and this issue came up. I haven't used it in a week and this is the only thing significant to happen to my computer

note: there doesn't even have to be a video imported for the problems to happen

1. Trying to save a new project:

"file not found check file name and try again."

2. Cant export my videos composite or not

"Could not initialize the MP4 writter (Error 28)"

"Process finished unexpectedly"

Comments

• Huh. Windows 10 upgrades are known to cause issues. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Hitfilm? 

Consider going to the Hitfilm store and upgrading to Express 2017. It's free and if you use the same email address as Hitfilm 4 any add-ons you have move to the new version. 

• I absolutely detest Win10.  Creator suite blew up my work computer and I'm still reinstalling what M$ thought I didn't need.  Which is why I'm still on Win 7 at home for HF. <end  rant>

I would suggest that you download the 2017 version of Express and see if that fixes the issue.   That may be more Win 10 friendly.

• @Stargazer54 off topic, I committed to the Win 10 upgrade at home only because Hitfilm Pro no longer supports Win 7... And because I could do it for free to, well, today (not spend $200 to annoy myself). I look forward to years of swearing at Microsoft the first time it spontaneity rolls back my GPU drivers. 

• @Triem23 ; I have dodged the bullet on GPU driver rollbacks so far and that infamous Creator update didn't affect my system either.  I don't have a clue why I have been so fortunate with 10 where others have had massive headaches.  I'm wondering if it's the fact that I don't do any tweaking at all of CPU or BIOS settings like overclocking and such.  I've noticed that most of the issue have been reported by those I consider "power users" if not outright coders.  Just an observation.  But, I will say, even withouot those issues I still cuss MS on a regular basis...

• yeah I rolled my own back with my restore point and everything is working now but this is crap if anyone know a possible fix would be great

• yeah I have the latest one and I tried to uninstall/reinstall and check for updates  but nothing worked so I regrettably rolled back my system. Its all good and everything works now

• but if you know any possible fixes in the futures so I can update my computer let me know yeah thankyou in advanced.

• @JackNife ; If you go to your GPU makers website, you should be able to download the latest driver and let Windows update do its thing and then apply the latest update drivers for your GPU/Video card, I think. That's providing that GPU drivers is what's causing your issue with Hitfilm.  If I recall what I've read it seems to be the biggest culprit from windows updates that I have seen posted anyway.

• Yeah, @tddavis is probably correct. Windows 10 updates have been known to roll back drivers and there's a surprising amount of things an out of date driver can screw up. Win 10 Creator's suite has absolutely been known to roll back drivers on a significant percentage of users.

• yeah everything was up to date I even double checked is anyone else having the same issue on the creator suite?

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment