m4v files dont import into hitfilm...

Kinda having a problem with this gaming video i made... I really enjoyed this video and want to start editing it. First it would import but it was so out of sync that i couldn't do anything with it. Then i put the file into handbrake and now its a m4v file but i cant convert it online because its like a 50 min video and everything makes you pay for converting more then like 50 mb or so. Any help to get my file into hitfilm?

Comments

• Kinda having a problem with this gaming video i made... I really enjoyed this video and want to start editing it. First it would import but it was so out of sync that i couldn't do anything with it. Then i put the file into handbrake and now its a m4v file but i cant convert it online because its like a 50 min video and everything makes you pay for converting more then like 50 mb or so. Any help to get my file into hitfilm?

• @NicholasWisniewski ; Try this program:

https://xmedia-recode.de/en/download.html

It's free and has regular updates and looking at the list M4V is supported.  Don't have one I can try at the moment though.  I've been using exclusively for several years.

• @NicholasWisniewski If you've already transcoded with HandBrake and gotten an M4V, try changing the file extension to MP4. As long as you aren't using AC3 audio you should be good to go. If you are using AC3 audio then you'll need the Premium Formats pack.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment