files transfer by reactivation

Would't my files transfer from my laptop to desktop if I deactivate my account on my laptop and reactivate. I recently deactivated my account on my old laptop because it was much weaker than my desktop which i reactivated it on but my files are not here. Note I did just reinstall Hitfilm express 2017 on the desktop under the same account and email. 

I though files were saved on Hifilm's online cloud or something of the sort. 

Comments

• Would't my files transfer from my laptop to desktop if I deactivate my account on my laptop and reactivate. I recently deactivated my account on my old laptop because it was much weaker than my desktop which i reactivated it on but my files are not here.

Note I did just reinstall Hitfilm express 2017 on the desktop under the same account and email and i even check in my account settings to see if it was activated on my desktop and it is.

I though files were saved on Hifilm's online cloud or something of the sort. 

• If by "files" you mean the ones you created with HF on the 1st computer  were saved on the system drive of the 1st computer.  You will just need to copy them over the network or by USB stick to the new machine.

Unless there is a secret backdoor, nobody saves animation files the "HF cloud".  You store those on your local machine.  (So, probably on your C: drive somewhere.)

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment