Text on timeline effect weirdness

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior?

I have a 2ish minute project that ends with a 5 second still photo shot. The photo is keyframed to zoom in slow.  The photo has text overlayed onto it via the new text effect for the timeline.

The text is multi-line and center justified. It is supposed to look like:

Text

More Text

Even More Text

More Text

Text

So center justified, it creates a diamond shape of text over the pict. Looks just like I want, and I can export it and it will look right.

But...

Randomly, line spaces are added in between hitfilm sessions. So I might open up the project and everything will look groovy....or....I will open the project and a extra blank line will be added in between each line of text. If I don't go back in and fix it, another blank line of spacing will appear between each line of text when I reopen Hitfilm.

Annoyingly, I cannot reliably reproduce the behavior...sometimes I open up the project and everything is great, sometimes not. 

So the random line thing will take my text example from above and make it look like:

Text

More Text

Even More Text

More Text

Text

Anyone else seeing this by chance?

Comments

• "Randomly, line spaces are added in between hitfilm sessions. "

I believe this is a bug. It happens on the project file save. I've already reported it to support and supplied an example project to reproduce. Hopefully it is fixed in the next update.

The only workaround is to keep deleting the constantly added blank lines.

• Well good.  That means I'm not losing my mind.

Thanks for the reply.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment