THE HITFILM WISHLIST: What Features Do You Want?

1363738394042»

Comments

• edited December 7

Action Pro Helper and more
    The ability to be able to cut'n'paste individual X,Y or Z Position Offsets, Rotations or Orientations from one field to another.

While it's possible to record X and Y with a mouse and then copy one of them to Z inside Action Pro, it would also be useful to be able to do it in Hitfilm. without having to make a round trip back to Action Pro.  Also, X rotation to Y rotation etc. of the same, or a different layer.

This would also allow you do to the things that people have recently been asking about: how to make images scale in response to a musical beat - amongst other things.

Also being able to copy from one field type, such as percentage, to another, such as rotation (360/100) or vice versa would be handy too. It's sort of similar to what you can do with some Behaviours.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

+0.5 for @Palacono 's last post. A modified Icon for plug in effects (a green "+"?) would be helpful for tutorial makers, but disagree with disable. With near 200 filters I might not remember what was turned off, and it could cause compatibility issues. What if I  Ioad a project that uses a disabled effect? 

• edited December 7

@Triem23 Serious question?

OK.  I'm sure a couple of devs could discuss and come up with something simple and obvious in about 5 minutes. ;)

Like: Load them anyway and auto reactivate the disabled ones. Or ask you about them individually in case one was causing a crash and you want it stripped out, or strip them out like Express does. Or load them, but turn them all off and prompt you to reactivate them if you tried to turn them on. Or something better. :)

• edited December 8

The ability to reduce the line spacing, right now I can't bring the line spacing under "auto" and numbers just passed auto does not do anything unless the number gets really high. We can't reduce the space between text lines as now :(

EDIT: I mean for text layers

• +1 for line spacing less than default/auto.

• The new Text effect in Pro does have vertical line spacing adjustment.

However, it comes with some new issues as well.

• No horizontal text spacing
    • Line spacing slider doesn't go under 100% but can type a number in
    • When you reduce line spacing so that lines overlaps, the text edges appears to mix with the layer color under it and bleeds through the overlapped edges
    • No outline/stroke color or width settings (useful for subtitles)
  •  @PixlPants

I know that the text effect has a better line spacing option but what I can't do in it is:

• Use gemotry>extrude (to create a real 3d object)
    • Use multiple fonts in the same text area, as well as sizes and paragraph alignment
  • I would love there to be a 3D motion tracking option for 3D models and stuff. Also I would like to see 3D text.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@ElliotBrowne

Since you said 3D models, I will assume you have Hitfilm Pro. Mocha is your 3D tracker, and 3D Extrusion (and, in v6, the new Geometry Extrusion) are your 3D text. 

If you're in Express, Mocha and 3D Extrusion are both available in add-on packs. 

Sign in to comment