Switch to hitfilm

Hi all. I’m considering ditching my adobe subscription and moving to HitFilm Pro. Now, I’m not a big after effects guy but the vfx and compositing in HFP looks intriguing to me and I’d probably use it to some extent. The editor is where I would mostly spend my time. I do mostly short films and docs. How would the editor in HFP compare to premiere? 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited December 2

Bluntly, Premiere is truly a more full-featured editor. IMO Hitfilm is a world class VFX/composting/animation program that has a basic functional editor as a bonus.  But it depends on what you do and need. 

Best advice is to download the demo and have a play. You won't be able to export or use third-party plug-ins (including the bundled Mocha or Boris), but you'll be able to get a feel for the program and see if it meets your needs.

If not, poke back in every few months and check out the changelog for new updates. Maybe they'll add what you feel is currently missing. 

• Thank you, one more quick question, is it easy to round trip from any nle to hitfilm for vfx then back to the nle?

• @wagglerock in my opinion it's a very smooth round trip 

• Heard too how easy to round trip as well.

Sign in to comment