Red Giant Universe + HitFilm Pro 6 + OSX High Sierra does not work anymore...

Hi Folk,

since the update to High Sierra and Hitfilm Pro 6 the Red Giant plugins does not work anymore. If i want to install Universe the installer can´t find any host application. The compatibility check on https://www.redgiant.com/support/compatibility/host-applications/ the combination of Universe 2.0 or 2.1, Hitfilm and OSX10.13 says that its not longer compatible. Is this truth ? Is there any bugfix or workaround ?

Hopefully,

Marcel

Comments

• I have a similar problem with a Windows install - I just purchased the Universe plugin subscription collection and its not showing up in Hitfilm Pro.  Any help be appreciated - 

Cheers

Saul

• edited December 6

Maybe Red Giant hasn't updated its installers and website to add the new HitFilm Pro yet, it is still very new. You should probably contact Red Giant directly to ask if they intend to add support for HitFilm Pro.

Have you got HitFilm Pro 2017 installed? If not, you can try to install the demo and try to install the Red Giant plugins again:

Download Windows 64-bit installer »
    Download Mac 64-bit installer »

The plugins won't load in the demo version but if you have the files on disk then HitFilm Pro might load the plugins.

• edited December 7

Thanks Cedric - I will contact Red Giant with the issue - I will reinstall HF 2017 and see if that works :)

• Hi @all,

i tried it with HitFilm Pro 3,4, Hitfilm Express 2017 and Pro 6. Nothing works. It looks like Universe 2.2 is the problem and there are no link where i can download the 2.0 or 2.1 version.  @saros - any news from Red Giant ?

Cheers

• @LordMcNau You should probably contact Red Giant as well since you are on a different OS. If anything, it'll let them know that people are trying to use Universe in HitFilm. If they know there is interest, they may add support sooner.

Sign in to comment