No Video after Installing Hitfilm Express

Hi,

Last night I installed Hitfilm Express but whenever I clicked on it to open it a box came up and said that there was a problem and that it needed to shut the program, I tried reinstalling but still the same, I shut down the PC and left it until now, today when I fire up the PC there is no video output at all, I cant even start in safe mode because I can't see anything, do you have any advice for this please my PC is Intel i7 Processor Windows 7, I am writing this on a different computer, any help appreciated as I need to get into my computer.

Thanks

Stuart

Comments

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator
    edited December 1

Does your system meet the minimum requirements shown here? (scroll to the bottom)https://hitfilm.com/express/specs

Are your GPU drivers up to date?

• Hi,

Yes it does, funnily enough I read the minimum requirements before I installed it, tried to start it again tonight and still the same no video, is there any explanation or does nobody have a clue ?

thanks

Stuart

• Could you post your CPU, GPU and RAM specs? That could help the forum to give you more accurate help

• @acestu Honestly, I have no clue but I really am concerned that even in Safe Mode you had no picture.  To me, that tends to point to a failure of the video card which I know of no reason that would have been caused by trying to run Hitfilm.  If you have an installed video card (even and older one that obviously won't run Hitfilm) you could try installing that to see if you get picture back on start up.  If you do then my guess would be video card went out.  But first, it just occurred to me that your monitor could have died.  It's easier to swap that out and see if it changes anything before cracking open the case.  Sorry, it's the best ideas I can come up with and you may have looked at these already.

• Hi,

I have just tried the pc again but it has no video output to HDMI, so I plugged a vga monitor into the onboard vga socket and started up in safe mode but there is no video on that either so any more suggestions would be grately appreciated, I can't get you exact details of hardware as I cant get into the pc

thanks

Stuart

• @acestu ; It really sounds like your video card/onboard video? has died.  Do you know if does indeed use a dedicated video card or if it's built into the motherboard?  If it's a name brand system the make and model number might help to track down the specs.

• Hi Td,

My video card is a HD5760 Radeon

thanks

Stuart

• @acestu ; When you are booting up to you see anything that would let you boot into your BIOS menu?  A Logo of the motherboard or anything at all before it goes blank?  If not, maybe you have an old video card you could put in to see what that shows.  If you do see BIOS options maybe you could reset the video preferences in case the display got changed to an unsupported resolution.

• Hi td,

I use a lot of Live cd's so my boot sequence is BluRay first so if I put a system disc in the player the HDD activity light is going and the system loads up however no video output what so ever, no post screen, no nothing, so I have just ordered a new gaming motherboard with onboard hdmi and some fast 3466 ram for it so when it comes I can do some testing....

thanks

Stuart

• @acestu ; I hate that for you.  I still cannot think of anything that installing any new program or Hitfilm would have done to cause the problem.  I can only guess that it must have just been a coincidence it happened right after.  Hope the best for you and drop a line when you get up and going with your results.

• Hi td,

Thanks for trying anyway, I will let you know how i get on, I suspect myself that it was just a coincidence, once I get the board out I will get it in my workshop and check the voltage regs and see if anything has failed.

thanks

Stuart

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment