Demo version of Hitfilm Pro (6)

I am giving the demo a whirl but it will not play any audio....Ie no sound coming from HFP... is this a demo thing?  Are there any options in HFP to adjust (am unable to find any). Does this version have the same amount/more or less of effects than Hitfilm Pro 3?. Finally am I right in saying that as it is a demo version it will not completely work together with Vegas Pro 15? Ie one can open a Vegas clip in HFP but cannot return it back into Vegas (if that makes sense).

Look forward to some prompt replies (I only have 20 hours to make a decision to purchase it....or not)

Cheers

Lee

Comments

• edited December 4

As far as I know the demo should play audio just fine.  To me no sound sounds (no pun intended) like a possible problem with your media.  HitFilm can be picky about some things.  Have you tried lots of different types of files?  Both video and audio?

If you don't already have MediaInfo installed, install it now, then drag one of your non-audio-playing clips into it.  Change the UI to Text mode, then copy the report from there and paste it here.  That'll help us (and by "us" I mean those who are far more savvy at media file introspection) determine if the media is a problem.

EDIT: almost forgot your other questions.  The newest version (6) has WAY more features than what was in 3.  Guaranteed.

As for the Vegas Pro thing, I don't know Vegas, so I'll leave that for others. Maybe @Triem23 can help there.

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

As far as the audio goes, make sure your audio device is fully initialized. There have been some users in the past that had to plug in headphones or speakers with some hardware configurations before their audio device was fully initialized and HitFilm wouldn't recognize it until it was. I'll try finding one of those threads for better info on that.

I don't know how the Vegas integration works in demo mode, I've never tried it that way but integration is fully functioning with the latest update from Magix and everything is activated. 

• Hi @downunder, Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio streams (AC-3 and E-AC-3) are not supported in demo mode due to licensing restrictions. When you import media that has a stream in this format you should see a little warning triangle next to the cog in the Media panel.

If this isn't the case, then check your default audio device is set / plugged in and your audio drivers are up to date.

As mentioned in the link above, integration between HitFilm Pro and Vegas 15 is enabled in the most recent build of Vegas (261). When HitFilm is in demo mode, clips can be sent back and forth between Vegas and HitFilm but won't be rendered in Vegas.

• Thank you for your replies and kind advice.
    Re the audio yes it was to do with Emma's reply to why I was not getting any sound   "Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio streams (AC-3 and E-AC-3) are not supported in demo mode" Have tried other audio formats and all good now.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment