HitFilm Express won't open?

2»

Comments

• edited April 19

I am experiencing this issue.  Today is Tuesday.  I installed this on Saturday night and it worked.  I purchased one of the upgrade downloads on Sunday and it still worked.  Until that point, everything has worked well.  Today I cannot get it to open. 

When you open the program it appears on the task bar with its icon.  It also appears as a process in task manager.  When you click on the icon from the task bar, it just goes to a black screen.  You can leave it forever and nothing happens besides the cursor changing to a loading icon.  When you click it says "... is not responding"

When I try to run "hitfilm-4-express.exe" from the ActivationApp folder, it shows a program window that says NW.JS in the middle. 

edit:  I downloaded the demo for the Pro version and it opens with no issues.  I am not trying to use Pro though as a demo.  I am trying to use Express with some upgrades.

Computer Specs:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/18/2017 21:50:09
    System name:X

[Display]
    Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
    DirectX version: 11.0
    GPU processor:  GeForce 930M
    Driver version:  354.35
    Direct3D API version: 11
    Direct3D feature level: 11_0
    CUDA Cores:  384
    Core clock:  928 MHz
    Memory data rate: 2002 MHz
    Memory interface: 64-bit
    Memory bandwidth: 16.02 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB DDR3
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 2048 MB
    Video BIOS version: 82.08.3B.00.4F
    IRQ:   Not used
    Bus:   PCI Express x4 Gen3
    Device Id:  X
    Part Number:  X

• Hello!

I can't start HitFilm-4-Express on my Computer.

Windows 10 Home 64bit with newest update + Windows Creators Update.
    Intel I7-4770 CPU
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    1680x1050

I installed the programm and started it. Nothing happens. I reinstalled it several times and reinstalled the Drivers from my GraphicCard. The GeForce Game Ready Driver 381.65 (It's the newest).

I tried to start it as a Administratior, but this doesn't help.

Please give me some help.

• I can't install HitFilm Express 2017. When i try to install it, it says "This installation package is not supported by this processor type." I don't understand what it means.

Please help

• @TaudYT What OS have you got? On Windows, if you right click the start button and open your system settings, what is your processor and system type? If it says 32-bit Operating System then I'm afraid your OS is not compatible with HitFilm. HitFilm requires a 64-bit OS.

• @CedricBonnier My processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU

My system type:  32-bit Operating System

Well i guess i can't use HitFilm Express...

Thank you for the help

• edited June 27

Same issue here, just uninstalled Hitfilm 4 Express and installed Hitfilm Express 2017. Never had a problem with Hitfilm 4 Express, Anti-Virus Software is Avira, 64-bit operating system, everything up to date... but Hitfilm Express 2017 won't open. After reading through this thread it seems there is no solution for this problem for many users and the problem exists for years now. That is very poor! Maybe need to start using a different software!

• @TABarrett, I am having the same issue as you. I downloaded it and it worked fine. But a few days later when I open the program it appears on the task bar with its icon and it also appears as a process in task manager.  When you click on the icon from the task bar, it just goes to a black screen.  You can leave it forever and nothing happens besides the cursor changing to a loading icon.  When you click it says "... is not responding"

•  @TrickyTurtle - Have you checked your video drivers? If you're already on the latest version, you might need to roll back. I've heard of some issues where the latest video driver causes problems, and a rollback fixes them.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Perchance either of you do a Windows Update? At least one build of Win 10 Creator's Edition rolled drivers back to default.

If your GPUs are Hd4000s then a dev said this morning in another thread an issue has been uncovered relating to that series and it's being patched.

Hint. If you don't already, backup each Hitfilm installer so you can revert if something goes wrong in an update.  

•  When the software doesn't start, the best action to take is to contact support. Sometimes there are lots of new messages on the forum and we get loads of notifications so we may miss messages. This does not happen in the support system, every ticket is being looked at.

• Hi I have been trying to open Hitfilm Express and an error box shows up telling me to send the crash report.  I clicked the button to send it and it stopped responding.  I waited a little bit then another error box showed up.  I was about to click send crash file but then everything crashed.  If you could help I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@ThatDummGuy read the post immediately above yours. 

• when i open hit film it says were sorry hitfilm has encounted a problem and has to close how do i fix this

• @kingkamagod Read the post three above yours.

• edited December 4

Hello, I installed HitFilm Express 2017 and the application won't open.  I always get a pop-up asking if I want to send a crash report.  I have sent many but I am getting no reply.  Thank you

Edit: I just saw the fifth above me. Thanks. 

Sign in to comment