How to average Atomic Particles audio response

Using Atomic Particles I have  a single particle responding to an audio input. I replaced the particle with an image.  Now the image increases and decreases in size in sync with the audio.  

My client likes the effect, but finds it distracting/annoying that the graphic responds to every nuance of sound.   Right now the image is jumping in size from 0,0 to about 600x600 (the original size of the image) every few seconds and it's looking hyperactive and wild.

I'm trying to find a way to slow down the attack  and decay so it has a more organic look, but I've not found any controls for this -- any workarounds?

Comments

• Anyone able to help on this one?

• I've only touched Atomic Particles once: when trying to recreate your scenario above.  So far I haven't figured out how to get the audio to affect the image size, which shows you how helpful I'm going to be.  :(

• Axel sent me a more detailed explanation of the Atomic Particles audio interaction settings for Map 1-4 .  I added some details and present the following:

The online help  page for Atomic Particles is found here:
    http://hitfilm.com/reference-manuals/hitfilm-pro#atomic_particles.htm

When you add the effect, you'll find the setting referred to below here: Atomic Particles > Audio Interaction > Map 1-4

------

Time Offset - not explained in the online help.

Frequency (in Hz) - Refers to the frequency of the wave peaks in the sound file. The more frequent the waves are, the higher the pitch. So low frequencies will be bass sounds, and high frequencies will be treble sounds. This adjustment lets you determine which pitch in the sound file will be the primary determiner of the effect, from a low of 20Hz to a high of 20,000kHz.

To get an idea of the tone qualities found at each frequency, see this link --
    Be careful with the volume if you have tinnitus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-iCZElJ8m0

Range (in Hz) - determines how close to your selected frequency the audio has to be to have an effect on the particles. If your set frequency is 500Hz and your range is 200Hz (from 100Hz above to 100Hz below), any sounds that fall between 400Hz and 600Hz will impact the particles.

Threshold (units?) - sets the level, or volume which the audio signal must exceed before it will have an effect. You can increase the threshold so only the louder sounds will affect the particles.

Strength (units?) - not explained in the online help.

Offset (units?) - changes the amount of the effect which is applied at the base level. Particles may disappear entirely when there is no audio. If you want them to remian visible, adjust the offset to set the size.

Delay Direction - causes the effect to move across the mass of particles, from one side to the opposite side. The direction is selectable, and you can assign this to happen in any direction you choose.

Delay Max - is how long it takes for the delay to cross the mass of particles.

Sign in to comment