Hitfilm store

I looked at the user manual and it is really lacking!  I looked for the puppet tool and I couldn't find anything about it.   And where are the redgiant plugins from the hitfilm store?    One more thing, why didn't hitfilm pro mention anything about boris title studio?  Which version is it?  

Comments

• Boris Title Studio is v11; the latest.

• I looked at the user manual and it is really lacking!

Yup, but it is waay better than it used to be. Hitfilm 2017 is where the manual started to get filled out. Effects docs are still lacking.

• I looked for the puppet tool and I couldn't find anything about it.

Sadly, common with new app features. In 2017 the depth effects were not documented and no TUT video(s). In this Hitfilm version I have a question about the new "attract to" feature. Some items not documented.

Really, given the small staff most of them are probably doing QA work before release. Axel has been the one improving the DOCs and he was probably doing heavy QA work and/or videos for new features. The DOCs fall behind. Speculation of course.

• And where are the redgiant plugins from the hitfilm store?

FxHome does not sell Red Giant plug-ins, AFAIK. BTW, what plug-in(s) are you asking about?

• One more thing, why didn't hitfilm pro mention anything about boris title studio?  Which version is it?  

It is really up to Boris to document themselves. For whatever reason the About dialog in Boris title studio does not work.

In the Boris 3D effects that Hitfilm bundles all but Title Studio are, IMO, legacy old/dead code that won't be updated regardless of what version Boris puts on it. Title studio has what they have and more.

For example the old extruded text stuff has the ability to do a reflection map. Environment map in Hitfilm terms. The old effects require a Direct3D cube bitmap for this to work. Title studio can do this with a simple planar image just like Hitfilm. Boris will probably never enhance the old effects with this greater flexibility. That is what I mean by dead code. EPS import is less picky in Title studio than in the standalone EPS import effect.

If you think Hitfilm docs are lacking, prepare yourself for shock and awe with Boris.

• @NormanPCN do you remember when hitfilm pro 2017 out the store showed the plug ins including the stock footage that you could buy?

• I remember FxHome selling stock footage. It is not listed anymore so I guess it no longer worth doing.

I did a Google and there was a Magic bullet looks bundle with Hitfilm.

Are you implying that since something like that was done once, FxHome are required to keep doing it? One has to remember that there are two parties in this equation. So even if FxHome were still interested in doing big bundles with Hitfilm, maybe Red Giant says no thank you. Even if both parties were interested, if you did not sell enough bundles it may not be worth it to do it again.

There are costs to selling something. It has to be enough of a win to keep doing it.

• @NormanPCN The Boris Title Studio 'about' does work, but sometimes it can't decide it if wants to tell you. :) It's v11.0.1.1819 -2017-11-7

• edited November 27

@Palacono Okay, I just tried it again and it worked. The first time I opened Boris Title Studio it wanted me to Register and maybe there is/was some interaction with the registration process. I mean the first thing I clicked in Boris was about to see if it was v11. I expected it would be, but you never know.

Alas, Boris is still broken in Hitfilm but I digress. (clip settings, frame rate)

Okay, just tried it (About) again and it did not work. So typical twitchy Boris. WTF

• edited November 27

Yes, BCC version 11 is shipping with HF6. If anything is broken in BCC, let us know and we'll pass it on to Boris.

Regarding HF documentation, Axel is working on it, it'll be updated soon

Sign in to comment