60p to 24p Film Look

Okay, I'm sure this has been asked before but this may be a different kind of explanation.  The project I'm working on may end up with varying types of shots as it's a collaborative effort.  And I want to be ready for whatever comes.  I'm expecting the get footage in the 60p range but the final product will be 24p/24fps.  Thing is, I need all of my footage to be the latter.  In nearly every other NLE, I know it's a bit easier to convert.  What does HF have in this arena?  Thanks in advance for your answer.

Comments

• Hitfilm will automatically conform framerate when you drop media into the timeline. Pretty much every NLE does this and Hitfilm is no different. So 60p media on a 24p timeline will just work. In this circumstance Hitfilm will drop frames to create the 24p from the 60p.

Hitfilm does not have any options for frame resampling such as frame blending and such. It only does the drop/duplicate type of resampling.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

That said, once a timeline has been created it's "locked" into the specific amount of frames created in that timeline. With Hitfilm you MUST export at the same frame rate as your project or your video will not play back correctly.

As Norman said, create your timeline at 24fps, then add your footage. Hitfilm will conform it.

Incidentally, for slo-mo, your best ratio is 0.4 or 40%. At 40% speed each frame of your 60fps footage maps perfectly to the 24fps timeline for smoothest slow-mo.

• Sweet!  Thanks, guys!  Very appreciated!  

Sign in to comment